How does our State Champions stack up?

49 minutes ago, Salem said:

This article is over three years old and is based on places of birth of NFL players not high school attended but TN is in the top third. Some counties in the top 5 may have more players than most states. 

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2016/09/which_states_produce_the_most.html

Rank State Players
1 Florida 193
2 California 187
3 Texas 160
4 Georgia 97
5 Ohio 80
6 Pennsylvania 66
7 Louisiana 63
8 Alabama 60
9 New Jersey 50
10 South Carolina 48
11 Michigan 46
12 Virginia 43
13 North Carolina 42
14 Illinois 38
15 New York 36
16 Tennessee 34
17 Maryland 28
18 Mississippi 27
(tie) Missouri 27
(tie) Wisconsin 27

Over half of all NFL players come from just seven states. Most states will seem weak when compared to GA or FL . 

I agree Florida and Georgia are tops in talent. However basing it on number of players per state is not a fair comparison. I would love to see states broken down by number of nfl players verses total state population. 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree Florida and Georgia are tops in talent. However basing it on number of players per state is not a fair comparison. I would love to see states broken down by number of nfl players verses total state population. 

What I read showed the most ever have came out of the Miami dade county area and I believe it was Houston in Texas 

of course those areas have large population but I’m sure there are other cities that have just as many people. They contributed it to a really large serious youth tackle football league in both areas 

Edited by Tide21

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

What I read showed the most ever have came out of the Miami dade county area and I believe it was Houston in Texas 

of course those areas have large population but I’m sure there are other cities that have just as many people. They contributed it to a really large serious youth tackle football league in both areas 

No doubt there is serious talent in that city/county. I was referring to more of the state level in regards to the poster above. 

3 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

15791F9A-9BFF-4E20-8891-4BE21D84DD03.jpeg

So TN has roughly 1/6 of the players in the nfl that Florida does at 193 vs 34. And I looked up TN 2019 population and it is about 6.8 million which is about 17% of Florida’s population. That is also about 1/6. It seems the number of nfl players in  TN and FL is very comparable based on total state population. Maybe TN isn’t so far behind after all. Hmmm.....

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So TN has roughly 1/6 of the players in the nfl that Florida does at 193 vs 34. And I looked up TN 2019 population and it is about 6.8 million which is about 17% of Florida’s population. That is also about 1/6. It seems the number of nfl players in  TN and FL is very comparable based on total state population. Maybe TN isn’t so far behind after all. Hmmm.....

Louisiana has very good ratio along with South Carolina. Louisiana has about 4.5 million pop

12 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That is along the lines of what I was getting at in several earlier posts. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I read somewhere that Florida has put more players in the nfl than any other state. Majority of them coming from Miami dade county area. 

I believe it. The school in the town I live in has won 64 straight regular season games. State record for most regular season wins. They usually win first couple games of playoffs then a Miami area school beat them like a red headed step child. Happens every year that I've been here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what it’s worth, but here in the tri-state area, we just had a “border war” FCA game between Tennessee and Georgia and the Tennessee team won 27-7 I believe. Tennessee team was made up of Meigs County, Rhea County, Cleveland, Bradley Central, Walker Valley, McMinn County, McMinn Central, Copper Basin, and Grace Baptist and Georgia team was Fannin County, Union County, Towns County, Pickens County, and Gilmer County with I’m sure a dash of others thrown in (Habersham Central has sent players in the past that weren’t announced until game time).

On 12/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, ysoangry said:

I believe it. The school in the town I live in has won 64 straight regular season games. State record for most regular season wins. They usually win first couple games of playoffs then a Miami area school beat them like a red headed step child. Happens every year that I've been here. 

The big schools in Florida are BIG.  In other words, there are a lot more Maryville, Greenville, Powell, Farragut sized schools.   That said, there are several schools that to well in the regular season year in and out and get drummed in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Edited by rlh

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 8:26 PM, TheRefuter said:

I don’t know what it’s worth, but here in the tri-state area, we just had a “border war” FCA game between Tennessee and Georgia and the Tennessee team won 27-7 I believe. Tennessee team was made up of Meigs County, Rhea County, Cleveland, Bradley Central, Walker Valley, McMinn County, McMinn Central, Copper Basin, and Grace Baptist and Georgia team was Fannin County, Union County, Towns County, Pickens County, and Gilmer County with I’m sure a dash of others thrown in (Habersham Central has sent players in the past that weren’t announced until game time).

Sounds like a pick up game