We see what happened to Basketball, could this spiral into Football Season?

BarneySox2007

I don't think it will affect regular season football.  I think as a whole, the over-reaction/hysteria will have passed, common sense will have prevailed and hopefully a cure/treatment will be in place.  Now for the spring sports that just started, and spring football...that's the question that's on my mind right now.  

12 minutes ago, catsfever said:

I don't think it will affect regular season football.  I think as a whole, the over-reaction/hysteria will have passed, common sense will have prevailed and hopefully a cure/treatment will be in place.  Now for the spring sports that just started, and spring football...that's the question that's on my mind right now.  

Losing spring football would be a slight inconvenience to some coaches but overall no big deal. Losing spring sports would be awful for the kids playing, especially seniors who have worked hard for 3 seasons to get to this point. My heart goes out to the kids who may completely lose their senior season of sports.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Losing spring football would be a slight inconvenience to some coaches but overall no big deal. Losing spring sports would be awful for the kids playing, especially seniors who have worked hard for 3 seasons to get to this point. My heart goes out to the kids who may completely lose their senior season of sports.

Amen.... I can't imagine how hard that would be thinking "man, we were really good.... we had a chance to be great and never got to find out". What if these Basketball kids don't get to finish this tournament they have battled and fought to get into?

Makes me sick for them.

BUT, I will add losing Spring Football is more important than a slight inconvenience .... Hopefully this panic blows over quickly and all kids get to do what they work so hard to do.

Edited by 422PT
Left something out

On 3/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, 422PT said:

Amen.... I can't imagine how hard that would be thinking "man, we were really good.... we had a chance to be great and never got to find out". What if these Basketball kids don't get to finish this tournament they have battled and fought to get into?

Makes me sick for them.

BUT, I will add losing Spring Football is more important than a slight inconvenience .... Hopefully this panic blows over quickly and all kids get to do what they work so hard to do.

I dont know if it's that big of a deal.Greenback no Spring practice 4 out last 5 years.4 Championship appearances.Heck we dont even hit in practice dont have enough bodies to sacrifice.Thats been going on for 4 years.Its all about preparation off the field as much as on.We all will be just fine.H1N1 was much more of a problem when Obama was acting like a President.We didnt even get excited,over 60,000 deaths with that one.The media is really riding this one.

I can't envision this lasting into the 2020-2021 football season. I also don't think that TSSAA will restrict spring practice (as in a dead period), so it will probably be left up to the individual school districts whether their coaches are able to run spring practice as they see fit. Scrimmage games might be different, but I'd think that unless TSSAA takes the initiative to name spring scrimmages specifically as banned, there won't be a problem.

This is going to get worse before it gets better. Numbers will rise dramatically over the coming weeks, but I am hopeful that some of the actions in recent days will help to curtail that rise. Social media is not real life, but currently there are only two voices out there: "this is no big deal" guy and "we're all gonna die" guy. These generally represent the far wings of the political spectrum as well. I have no doubt he truth lies somewhere in between. People you know will be affected by this. If we can slow the spread enough to allow the number of severe cases to remain manageable, then we can keep the death rates low. I believe the sports and school restrictions will last longer than we would hope, but we will know for sure in about 2 weeks. To answer your original question: Regardless of the upcoming weeks' events, this thing will run its course well before fall football.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

This is going to get worse before it gets better. Numbers will rise dramatically over the coming weeks, but I am hopeful that some of the actions in recent days will help to curtail that rise. Social media is not real life, but currently there are only two voices out there: "this is no big deal" guy and "we're all gonna die" guy. These generally represent the far wings of the political spectrum as well. I have no doubt he truth lies somewhere in between. People you know will be affected by this. If we can slow the spread enough to allow the number of severe cases to remain manageable, then we can keep the death rates low. I believe the sports and school restrictions will last longer than we would hope, but we will know for sure in about 2 weeks. To answer your original question: Regardless of the upcoming weeks' events, this thing will run its course well before fall football.

A voice of reason!

• Upvote 1

If spring football practice is eliminated this spring, will Tennessee do what some states that don't have spring practice allow?  "X" number of days during the summer, June and early July, to have padded practices in lieu of spring practice and in addition to summer 7 v. 7.