Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

We didn’t play well, stripes were bad on both ends but it is really bad when they start calling fouls on the wrong players and they killed us. Cantrell  only played a quarter. We were up 10 when she got number 4 in the third and we lost momentum. No disrespect to McKenzie because officials were bad both ways because they are a good team. You play tough teams game in and game out you are going to lose every now and then. Iron sharpens iron though congrats to McKenzie on a good win.

Oh I know 2 of the 3 refs let’s just say I understand your frustrations! I often have them same feelings when we have them 2 refs! I seen when y’all was up 10, then McKenzie took the lead by 4, then 8.  Y’all came back late 4th 

Edited by HawkGuy06

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh I know 2 of the 3 refs let’s just say I understand your frustrations! I often have them same feelings when we have them 2 refs! I seen when y’all was up 10, then McKenzie took the lead by 4, then 8.  Y’all came back late 4th 

We didn’t play well. Didn’t feed the post enough in the first half, got in foul trouble, missed a ton of FT’s, way too many TO’s, got outshot probably 8-1 from three point land and still was a 1 possession loss. GC probably needed to lose a game to get refocused. Year we won it two seasons ago we played three games real similar to this. Refs were terrible though. Definitely helped change momentum making foul calls on wrong players. Play that Cantrelle fouled out kid took 5 steps and run over our post and Cantrell got the foul to foul her out. Wilkins about lost it because Cantrelle wasn’t involved. But again, we have had some calls go our way this year so it wasn’t there fault. Just got to learn from it Kudos to McKenzie for keeping battling and came back. Really good basketball team.

Edited by pioneer42

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We didn’t play well. Didn’t feed the post enough in the first half, got in foul trouble, missed a ton of FT’s, way too many TO’s, got outshot probably 8-1 from three point land and still was a 1 possession loss. GC probably needed to lose a game to get refocused. Year we won it two seasons ago we played three games real similar to this. Refs were terrible though. Definitely helped change momentum making foul calls on wrong players. Play that Cantrelle fouled out kid took 5 steps and run over our post and Cantrell got the foul to foul her out. Wilkins about lost it because Cantrelle wasn’t involved. But again, we have had some calls go our way this year so it wasn’t there fault. Just got to learn from it Kudos to McKenzie for keeping battling and came back. Really good basketball team.

Yea y’all will be just fine. 

Wow is all I have to say tonight.... That was a huge win for our program our school system and the whole town of McKenzie. That is arguably the biggest win since beating state ranked Stewart County in 2018. The past few years have been tough to watch for us Rebel fans, and my ranting of the coaching and play over the last couple of years is well documented on this site. But, tonight our team got the feeling that we can play and BEAT anyone in Class A. Lilly Bennett was amazing tonight on both ends of the floor, and to cap it off she scored her 1000th point! Savannah didnt shoot well but she made some plays defensively that helped us score. Katie Chesser off the bench knocked down 4 or 5 threes that shifted the momentum to our side in the 3rd. Hats to Gibson county as well, they played a great game and Madison Hart is basically unstoppable. Again Congrats to the lady rebels! Rebel Nation is very happy!

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Wow is all I have to say tonight.... That was a huge win for our program our school system and the whole town of McKenzie. That is arguably the biggest win since beating state ranked Stewart County in 2018. The past few years have been tough to watch for us Rebel fans, and my ranting of the coaching and play over the last couple of years is well documented on this site. But, tonight our team got the feeling that we can play and BEAT anyone in Class A. Lilly Bennett was amazing tonight on both ends of the floor, and to cap it off she scored her 1000th point! Savannah didnt shoot well but she made some plays defensively that helped us score. Katie Chesser off the bench knocked down 4 or 5 threes that shifted the momentum to our side in the 3rd. Hats to Gibson county as well, they played a great game and Madison Hart is basically unstoppable. Again Congrats to the lady rebels! Rebel Nation is very happy!

Congratulations on a good win. McKenzie and Huntingdon will battle it out for the number 1 spot in their district. After wins against Union City and Gibson County they look to make a serious run. Looks like they have to be favored to win that district. GC has hit a little lull the last three games which happens to good teams but we will bounce back. We have Dyer County Friday Night which will be another battle.

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations on a good win. McKenzie and Huntingdon will battle it out for the number 1 spot in their district. After wins against Union City and Gibson County they look to make a serious run. Looks like they have to be favored to win that district. GC has hit a little lull the last three games which happens to good teams but we will bounce back. We have Dyer County Friday Night which will be another battle.

Yes I would love to see that game on friday... I feel like it will be a fun matchup. McKenzie's win puts them in the drivers seat for the district. Hope GC bounces they are a great team. Here's a question for you and anybody else.... Do you think that McKenzie can steal a win in the Region over Summertown or Loretto?

22 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Yes I would love to see that game on friday... I feel like it will be a fun matchup. McKenzie's win puts them in the drivers seat for the district. Hope GC bounces they are a great team. Here's a question for you and anybody else.... Do you think that McKenzie can steal a win in the Region over Summertown or Loretto?

Any thing can happen especially if you apply the defensive pressure you did last night. I personally think you will be playing Loretto in the Region and Huntingdon against Summertown. I think Summertown and Clarkrange are the two best teams in the state and it is 50/50 on which team is the better team. Do think McKenzie can beat Loretto and get to Murfreesboro. Don’t know if it will happen but I think you have a shot. Told you guys this summer when you have a Wilkins coaching you will be much better. Thing I noticed about McKenzie that impressed me was they were very active in the forth quarter and was playing hard and getting after it. Same way with Huntingdon last year against Summertown in the Region. Wilkins’ are basketball people and they pay attention to detail and are going to get the best out of their players and there goal will be to win the state championship every year. Now if you have towns that are not basketball towns they may not like them because when you play for them they expect a lot of participation during the season and off season. Very good coaches if you have kids that are serious about basketball. Gibson County has that culture and loves it. Last night we had two freshman, a sophomore and two juniors on the floor the last five minutes of the forth quarter. We have beaten Greenfield, USJ, Dyersburg twice, Crockett County, Dresden, Bradford, TCA and a very good Creekwood Team with this team. We are very young and I think we are way ahead of where I expected them this early in the season. We will learn from last night and will get better. But McKenzie is a good team no doubt. Very skilled and athletic. Kinda reminded me of Creekwood shooting the three ball. Both teams can light it up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Its sure not a slam dunk that Summertown and Loretto will represent region 6. McKenzie played like a state tournament team against Gibson Co. The Bennett girl played outstanding. First time I've seen her play like I knew she could. Mckenzie has a good mixture of veterans and youth. The Davis kid is an outstanding freshman although she didnt have a very good offensive game against GC. McKenzie is good, how good is yet to be determined, but this old guy was impressed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Its sure not a slam dunk that Summertown and Loretto will represent region 6. McKenzie played like a state tournament team against Gibson Co. The Bennett girl played outstanding. First time I've seen her play like I knew she could. Mckenzie has a good mixture of veterans and youth. The Davis kid is an outstanding freshman although she didnt have a very good offensive game against GC. McKenzie is good, how good is yet to be determined, but this old guy was impressed!

This season has been crazy and will likely continue to be crazy.  I think COVID is going to cause some district and region tournaments to be more open than normal.  Who's healthy? Who's quarantined? Who hasn't played in a couple weeks?  All those questions are going to make for interesting scenarios.  McKenzie's win at Gibson means McKenzie has to be mentioned with the top teams in A.  For me that list is Clarkrange, Gibson, Loretto, Summertown, McKenzie.  Several other good teams that could end up in Murfreesboro: Pickett, Greenfield, Peabody, Cloudland, North Greene, Cosby and probably several others I'm forgetting right now.

Side Note:  Clarkrange and Summertown upcoming schedules are impressive.  Clarkrange has Stone Memorial and White County this weekend.  Summertown has Oakland, Lebanon, and Brentwood Academy coming up. Good job by their coaches playing some big school competition before going in to district play.