TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

You all should live in Blount County. Their running around loose as a goose here so bad they are having the County Fair right now at the local mall just two weeks before school is to open up. All the rednecks say it's OK because they taking your temperature and wiping down the rides before you get on. Don't know about you all but I personally don't want to bet my life on Johnny Meth Head with twelve teeth and eats sticks of butter deep fried to be on top of things like that. We as a nation have failed to take precautions to turn those numbers downward like other nations have. if we don't have football this year we only have us to blame.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You all should live in Blount County. Their running around loose as a goose here so bad they are having the County Fair right now at the local mall just two weeks before school is to open up. All the rednecks say it's OK because they taking your temperature and wiping down the rides before you get on. Don't know about you all but I personally don't want to bet my life on Johnny Meth Head with twelve teeth and eats sticks of butter deep fried to be on top of things like that. We as a nation have failed to take precautions to turn those numbers downward like other nations have. if we don't have football this year we only have us to blame.

Good news Barney! Time Magazine just published an article with statistics proving that the 100,000+ person protests held in New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago have not increased CV-19 transmission. Specific testing in Seattle among protesters only confirmed that their transmission rates were no greater than the general population... imagine if 'Ol Johnny Meth Head had been there to wipe everyone down! If we don't have football this year we have lots of people to blame, but Americans acting like Americans won't be at fault for it, and neither will the County Fair.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Good news Barney! Time Magazine just published an article with statistics proving that the 100,000+ person protests held in New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago have not increased CV-19 transmission. Specific testing in Seattle among protesters only confirmed that their transmission rates were no greater than the general population... imagine if 'Ol Johnny Meth Head had been there to wipe everyone down! If we don't have football this year we have lots of people to blame, but Americans acting like Americans won't be at fault for it, and neither will the County Fair.

Watch out what your reading there Tradertwo. We all being bombarded with so much false news I'm not so sure what to believe anymore but Time has an agenda but I won't go into that on a football board. I will say this that there's more than just football involved regarding this season. There is a major political and racial divide in this country that is driving this wagon we're all riding besides this virus itself. Mark my words, in certain areas of Tennessee the minds are already made up to cancel high school football no matter if this stuff just went away on its own. I don't see high school football again until 2022. I also don't see college football this year because the train has just about run out of track playing the waiting game to see. Not that easy to reschedule a college game on the fly like a high school game. Pro may try to play but we've finally arrived at the cross roads there with players making to much money and out here running their mouths against the people that have been paying that bill. You don't pizz in the well you drink out of and if it puts the NFL out of business so be it, I among many are sick of it. The college game will suffer also with no money coming in to pay for all those fancy stadium improvements and it may bankrupt a handful of them because people aren't going to donate for nothing. Be interesting to just set back and watch how they all dig themselves out of this hole, that will be as interesting as the game itself.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:48 PM, tradertwo said:

I just deleted a paragraph explaining the difference in speculating the cause, and predicting the result. I'm done splitting hairs and mincing words with someone who is obviously just here to contradict the obvious, and downplay the content and meaning of my post. I will not stoop to your level again.

Have a nice life.

unless you were gonna use the scientific method, there is no difference.

Edited by guthook

On 7/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, orngnblk said:

Here are more facts!My good friend in Etown Ky is a nurse and his wife is Director of nursing and they said this is the norm hundreds of false positives but they do not take them OFF the count when they retest and get a negative!!!Its frustrating for sure but it is what it is!

Those aren't stats.  That is literally a "They said".  That's not even a fact.

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It’s getting too late to have a change of heart on protecting each other to save school this year and football this Fall. That sux for all involved ncluding the kids who were willing to take some relatively minor precautions in order to try to continue some sort of normal life.
Im spending the week with my high schooler in b-u-tiful Birmingham for a national baseball tourney. The numbers are down from other years but there are still 119 14U teams here. Walking thru the park last night, there were around 10-15 of us wearing masks out of fans for the 4 games finishing and the four about to start. Probably 400+ people.

While watching a top organization out of Houston. I began talking to one of their dads. When I asked him about Texas football, he shook his head and said he didn’t see a way to do it. He is also an asst football coach at their high school. 
The “close our eyes and cross our fingers plan” ain’t gonna cut it. WE can do better.

3 hours ago, Djohnson said:

Wow, Nashville not allowing students to attend in class school at the start of the school year. Not looking good!

Not affecting us here. Also Murfreesboro votes unanimously to start school on time and in person. Nashville is only on line until Labor Day.

• CoachT locked this topic