COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I think your looking for “snowflake” or some other name. “Karen” just doesn’t fit. That’s a derogatory term for a white woman. 

Whatever works! Karens run their mouth, whine, tattletale and spread negativity and pessimism...end of the world mentality! Seemed to fit fine :)

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

I’m all for rational posts but I’m not reading rational posts or people trying to gather information. I’m reading hysterical there’s no way we can play posts. We need to shut Sports down like VA or CA. We’re going to kill kids by playing football this fall.  We have to test every player/coach. The same whiners clamoring for another lockdown or mandatory mask ordinances.

Salem, we wouldn't be in the situation we're currently in if everyone was genuinely behaving appropriately. But not everyone is like 22. Admittedly, he and I are on opposite ends of the mask mandate spectrum. But if each one of us actually did what he has described, we wouldn't even need a mask mandate.

And yet here we are. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

Just not letting kids with issues play does not protect them. Are you all saying to keep everyone with issues out of school locked up ? The biggest issue would be kids spreading it to everyone they come in contact with. 

Go to the homepage and click on the article about the overall mental health of school age kids, and the rates (percentages) of depression within their ranks in the few months since school has been suspended... broaden your mind a little if you are as open minded as you'd like everyone to believe that you are. I don't fully understand your second sentence, but I'll counter with this anyway... are you saying that we should take away all those without issues freedom's because of a few that have them, when those few have the freedom of choice not to be involved? The biggest issue is that people are insisting that everyone's freedoms to be infringed upon to placate those who don't want to choose. 

I can almost equate this situation to someone with a peanut allergy insisting that Jif stop selling peanut butter (no offense to those with allergies), when they can simply not buy the peanut butter.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Go to the homepage and click on the article about the overall mental health of school age kids, and the rates (percentages) of depression within their ranks in the few months since school has been suspended... broaden your mind a little if you are as open minded as you'd like everyone to believe that you are. I don't fully understand your second sentence, but I'll counter with this anyway... are you saying that we should take away all those without issues freedom's because of a few that have them, when those few have the freedom of choice not to be involved? The biggest issue is that people are insisting that everyone's freedoms to be infringed upon to placate those who don't want to choose. 

I can almost equate this situation to someone with a peanut allergy insisting that Jif stop selling peanut butter (no offense to those with allergies), when they can simply not buy the peanut butter.

I guess all the teams with overweight linemen is at risk. They will need to stay home because being overweight is real bad for covid.

Edited by Djohnson

36 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I really think people are overlooking big time how much school and sports takes away depression and gets them out of bad home lives. It is amazing and sad to me the adults that really act like they are looking out for the kids best interest fighting for them to not have sports and school. They really could give a rats a^^ about the kids and only have their own agenda in mine. 

Just saw on the news where Campbell County had someone on the team test positive and their suspending any football activities for two weeks. I see this just going on and on and on all year long right into next year also. When you have that many people involved in something like football it's bound to happen. This has to be the biggest nightmare for the coaches and families putting all this hard work in living day to day waiting for one of our fearless leaders to pull the plug.

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just saw on the news where Campbell County had someone on the team test positive and their suspending any football activities for two weeks. I see this just going on and on and on all year long right into next year also. When you have that many people involved in something like football it's bound to happen. This has to be the biggest nightmare for the coaches and families putting all this hard work in living day to day waiting for one of our fearless leaders to pull the plug.

They are schools all over TN with football players testing positive and having to quarantine for two weeks. This is no contact drills. Just think if they open practice up. Crazy like I been saying they need to cancel or move to the spring and hope they get a vaccine for the ones that want to take it.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

They are schools all over TN with football players testing positive and having to quarantine for two weeks. This is no contact drills. Just think if they open practice up. Crazy like I been saying they need to cancel or move to the spring and hope they get a vaccine for the ones that want to take it.

They have a microscope under this virus. If they had a microscope on every viral infection that has went through our country, it would be something new every year. I am not going to live my life in fear over a virus that for the most part don’t even cause symptoms especially for teenagers. All this is good for our nation. Man you can’t hide forever and be fearful. Herd immunity will set in soon like it did in New York. It will run its course. I also believe another thing that a lot of the country has immunity to this virus. 

Edited by pioneer42

10 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Salem, we wouldn't be in the situation we're currently in if everyone was genuinely behaving appropriately. But not everyone is like 22. Admittedly, he and I are on opposite ends of the mask mandate spectrum. But if each one of us actually did what he has described, we wouldn't even need a mask mandate.

And yet here we are. 

It’s just about the government mandating masks. It’s overreaching. They should highly recommend it and allow private businesses to mandate it if they choose. That’s America. What’s to stop the government mandating that you must show proof of having taken the vaccine (if it develops) to enter places?! When does that government control end? It could get crazy.

• CoachT locked this topic