4 Classifications

Redrage4life

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

With the new 4 classifications you are going to have smaller districts. Right now we don't have them but with this new cycle we will.

Pioneer has been whining since last March. The reality is if the TSSAA does what is equitable they will give Memphis 3 districts. 

If Memphis thinks they have excess teams some need to roll over in 13 A or 14 A’s district something that has happend before with  Booker T and another Memphis team that was in district with Middleton and TCA and JCS or move someone in the south district in the north district. West TN needs four districts max including Memphis. Five throws a wrench in it. Makes absolutely zero sense to give Memphis three districts and roll a West TN district into a Middle Tennessee Region. One school from Memphis that is listed in a district on one of the pages Oakhaven is Single A. This four class stuff is not going to make schools any extra money just the TSSAA on tournament week. For the record District 11 and 12 looking at a post on here you have Mt. Pleasant, Summertown, Loretto, Cascade, Forest, Community and Giles County, 7 teams. Ok another district you have Lewis County, Waverly, Camden, East Hickman, Hickman County and Stewart County 6 teams. So you add another district in Memphis you going to move them over to other districts which you have already 7 and 6 teams in their districts so that is going to be huge districts and have them get out of their geographic region. Don’t make sense at all. Some districts are just going to be bigger than others. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, TennesseeValley said:

Official that Dyersburg will be AAA alongside Dyer County. I could see that district being

Crockett County

Dyersburg

Dyer County

Obion County

South Gibson

Not official yet. Numbers are changing and could be different soon. Good chance though Dyersburg is AAA according to number.

My initial projection had 332 schools but some of the schools I had listed was wrong. Then it was 329 and I adjusted accordingly, now it's back to 332. This is what 2A could look like as of right now before some schools decide to play up into 3A.

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
Happy Valley Union Co. Gat. Pittman Sweetwater Tyner Sequatchie Co Jackson Co Westmoreland
Chuckey Doak Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Tellico Plains Brainerd Grundy Co. Smith Co Cheatham Co.
South Greene West Greene Loudon Polk Co. Chatt. A&S Marion Co Watertown Harpeth
Johnson Co. LN STEM Alcoa McMinn Central Meigs Co. Bledsoe Co Cannon Co WH Heritage
    Kingston       York  
            Monterey  

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stratford Lewis Co. Mt. Pleasant Huntingdon Adamsville Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD Whites Creek Waverly Summertown Milan DC Riverside Freedom Prep Memphis East
Pearl Cohn Fairview Camden Loretto Union City Scotts Hill Fairley MLK Memphis
East Nashville KIPP Nashville East Hickman Cascade Gibson Co. Bolivar Oakhaven Sheffield
    Hickman Co. Forrest Westview Madison Mag. Power Center Trezevant
    Stewart Co. Community Dyersburg   Crosstown Mem Bus Ac
      Giles Co.     RISE KIPP Memphis
            Manassas Douglass
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, StudCantrell said:

My initial projection had 332 schools but some of the schools I had listed was wrong. Then it was 329 and I adjusted accordingly, now it's back to 332. This is what 2A could look like as of right now before some schools decide to play up into 3A.

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
Happy Valley Union Co. Gat. Pittman Sweetwater Tyner Sequatchie Co Jackson Co Westmoreland
Chuckey Doak Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Tellico Plains Brainerd Grundy Co. Smith Co Cheatham Co.
Johnson Co. LN STEM Alcoa McMinn Central Meigs Co. Bledsoe Co Cannon Co WH Heritage
    Kingston       York  
            Monterey  

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stratford Lewis Co. Mt. Pleasant Huntingdon Adamsville Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD Whites Creek Waverly Summertown Milan DC Riverside Freedom Prep Memphis East
East Nashville KIPP Nashville East Hickman Cascade Gibson Co. Bolivar Oakhaven Sheffield
            Manassas Douglass

Just noticed that Sycamore's enrollment went from 748 to 677. This places them in 2A and bumps up Dyersburg to 3A. This will delete Dyersburg from District 13 and add Sycamore to District 8.

Edited by StudCantrell

1 hour ago, StudCantrell said:

Kingston       York  
            Monterey  

Manassas Douglass

Anyone heard any talk of some teams possibly jumping up?  I know here in East TN, there's all kind of jockeying and negotiating going on to see where Alcoa football is going.

2 hours ago, StudCantrell said:

Kingston       York  
            Monterey  

Manassas Douglass

This shows the need for Memphis to have a 3rd region. 

Also East Nashville, Stratford, and Pearl Need to be together. Stratford is 5 minutes from East.

Harpeth is one exit up from Fairview. District 8,9, and 10 need to become district 8 and 9 while adding an additional Memphis district.

6 hours ago, Bob said:

That is not actually correct.  I want to clarify this by saying this is my understanding and I can be wrong.  The TSSAA gets the numbers before the data is actually clean.  The money isn't tied to the number at this point.  We actually have a supervisor in our district who looks at all the kid's schedules  to make sure we are getting paid for every kid before our funding number is set.   That number doesn't have to be turned into the state until closer to Christmas.  If a kid is enrolled but doesn't have a complete schedule listed he will only show up as a portion of a student based on how long he is at school.  So if he is missing two blocks on his schedule it is .5.   I don't have any idea why TSSAA doesn't use the ENROLLMENT NUMBER which is much cleaner.  It basically shows how many have enrolled in the school for the year.  This should be addressed or the TSSAA shouldn't ask for numbers from the schools they should just have TDOE send them the actually final number.  TSSAA is just not getting the cleaned up data. Not suggesting cheating just stating that I don't think the numbers are an  exact picture of enrollment at the time they are turned in to the TSSAA.  If you think about it, in some cases, 4-5 kids could move some schools up or down. 

I can verify that most of this is true, and I'm relatively sure it's all pretty accurate. Going back to the Trezevant debacle a few years ago, one of our school officials was curious and cross checked SCBOE's enrollment number provided to TSSAA against TDOE's enrollment number provided by Trezevant for financial compensation... the numbers were vastly different, yet apparently no one from TSSAA bothered to "investigate" in this manner. Sometimes you wonder why things so simple seem so hard?