2A State Runner up travels to Greenback to take on the 1A State Runner up

orngnblk

Just now, Redskin15 said:

If his foot was hurt before the game I would hate to see him on two healthy feet.

He was a beast as a freshman, I mean he had D1 offers before he played a snap as a sophomore at a 1A school in Tennessee! You gotta be something for that to happen. 

14 minutes ago, crow said:

Hard to say but exposure at a school like Alcoa is gonna be higher. After all they are filming a Netflix documentary about them lol. How ya gonna compete with that. Good luck to him, I really do wish him well. 

Right I agree.  It’s not a knock at us smaller schools by any means, but we all know how hard it is to get recognized by D1 schools.  I wish him the best he definitely is the real deal.  I knew it when he started in 8th grade when GB came down to our place.  I must have missed the fact that Netflix is doing a documentary on Alcoa.  I will have to look that up.  

14 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Right I agree.  It’s not a knock at us smaller schools by any means, but we all know how hard it is to get recognized by D1 schools.  I wish him the best he definitely is the real deal.  I knew it when he started in 8th grade when GB came down to our place.  I must have missed the fact that Netflix is doing a documentary on Alcoa.  I will have to look that up.  

It’s Alcoa and 2 other schools. I think it’s called 4th and forever. At least that’s what they were saying during the Blackman game. There were cameras everywhere and a drone flying over the field which typically is a no go without prior approval. 

Edited by crow
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Dont want to be ugly but if he didnt want to be here then he made th he right decision.Good luck to him and his family....Some elses time to step up.

The good Lord giveth and he Taketh away. Huge loss but Alcoa is a little bigger fish.

Looks like the karma bug has hit Greenback. They have greatly benefited by being able to lure players away from Alcoa, Maryville, William Blount and Heritage. Now they lose one to Alcoa. I would say no tears shed by these schools for Greenback. 
from what I understand this was a huge loss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frontman said:

Looks like the karma bug has hit Greenback. They have greatly benefited by being able to lure players away from Alcoa, Maryville, William Blount and Heritage. Now they lose one to Alcoa. I would say no tears shed by these schools for Greenback. 
from what I understand this was a huge loss. 

Nah not karma, just life. Kids move schools all the time. EVERYONE gets transfers and everyone loses to transfers. Only reason this is news is because of the talent level of this kid. GB was without him the rest of the year anyway so this really won’t affect this year at all. 

7 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Going to be a lot of jealous people on here because he is transferring . He got his 2 power 5 offers while playing at Greenback. When you make it to the finals 4 out of 5 years people are going to be though.

I bet those 2 turn into a load more over the next few years.