South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I don't mind swapping the Red Bank game for the Jasper game.  But now that we have that week open, who's to say Jasper will even wanna play?  PP68 has already brought up a good point in that Jasper will have to go into that game with no practice for 2 weeks. 

The way things go between the 2 schools,  someone is always gonna be left holding the bag so to speak and blamed for events completely out of their control. 

It's not like rules have always been followed when it comes to practice.

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I will say this once.  I agree with most people  about the masks.  For me, I prefer people around me to wear their mask, but I’m not going to be upset if you choose not to wear one.  I have underlying condition as most of you know so I prefer people try to protect me as much as possible.  I’ve always worn a mask for many many years when I go to the hospital or a doctors appointment because of my Cystic Fibrosis.  We’ve been social distancing from other people with CF forever.  Wat h the movie “5 Feet Apart“.  We actually have always practiced the 6 foot rule, so none of this COVID stuff is new to me.  I personally believe it’s just like the flu but spreads faster.  I do believe the media and government went too far with it.   Anyways, if you don’t wear a mask that’s fine with me just know I may not get face to face with you.  It’s for my protection.  However also know that all the meds they say work best to prevent it I already take on a daily basis.  Antibiotics, Vitamin C and D, and Zinc.  I take ALOT more meds on their list too so I feel I’m pretty well protected.  Thanks guys and gals for reading this long post.  I won’t discuss politics or how COVID is handled.  

Mike, it's you, my mom, and people with other conditions like the two of you that I wear my mask for. I have to wear it at work so I don't want to wear it anywhere else if I don't have to. But if it can protect people like you, then I will suffer through it. Especially since I've been in direct contact with people that have had it in the past and not known it until it was too late.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

10 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I will say this once.  I agree with most people  about the masks.  For me, I prefer people around me to wear their mask, but I’m not going to be upset if you choose not to wear one.  I have underlying condition as most of you know so I prefer people try to protect me as much as possible.  I’ve always worn a mask for many many years when I go to the hospital or a doctors appointment because of my Cystic Fibrosis.  We’ve been social distancing from other people with CF forever.  Wat h the movie “5 Feet Apart“.  We actually have always practiced the 6 foot rule, so none of this COVID stuff is new to me.  I personally believe it’s just like the flu but spreads faster.  I do believe the media and government went too far with it.   Anyways, if you don’t wear a mask that’s fine with me just know I may not get face to face with you.  It’s for my protection.  However also know that all the meds they say work best to prevent it I already take on a daily basis.  Antibiotics, Vitamin C and D, and Zinc.  I take ALOT more meds on their list too so I feel I’m pretty well protected.  Thanks guys and gals for reading this long post.  I won’t discuss politics or how COVID is handled.  

+1

Good post. Wearing a mask isn't bad at all. Whether it helps or not, I look at it as doing a small part to try and protect others.  Personally, I don't agree with the testing policies. If 1 person gets it and you are exposed (around them for 10 minutes within 6 feet) I understand quarantining until you have a test returned. However, I have issue with if you took 5 tests in a row for example, and they were all negative, you still are required to be quarantined for 14-24 days (most places go by the 14).

11 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

Just heard about Red Bank game. I want someone to answer this honestly. Let's say the semi finals of the playoffs do you think you of the favored teams will forfeit? (Nobody has to play dumb we all know all the favored teams are, Alcoa, Maryville, etc)

I'm sure there is a lot of that going on now. Come play off time, no one will have the virus on any teams. :shock:

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

I'm sure there is a lot of that going on now. Come play off time, no one will have the virus on any teams. :shock:

I'll give you a big Amen on that. It tells me do we really have the safety of the players, coaches, students in mind or are we putting on a show pretending. I am not one of the corona bro's at all but if the TSSAA puts in a rule it should be followed, no matter if I agree with it or not.

Update: 
A meeting scheduled this morning between SP’s coach and principal along with Jasper coach and principal at Dr Mark Griffith’s office has been canceled.

Jasper has not agreed to this offer:

Play on Saturday which would give jasper the same number of days to prepare as normal. Usually teams practice Monday-Wednesday and then have a walk-thru on Thursday. Pirate’s coach said he’d move it to Saturday so that would give them the full 3 days plus have Saturday morning for their walk through.

Instead Jasper is literally trying to find a game against anybody other than SP that week and the coaches at other schools are laughing at them.....because it’s obvious to those coaches they have contacted, that they are too scared to play SP. Right now it appears the game won’t happen.

Based on their coach’s actions I would say the rivalry is likely dead. 

We should NOT go up there next year and let them collect a huge gate. 

The only way we should play them again would be if they agreed to a two year deal where they come here both years. 

IF not.....We should schedule NJ and start that rivalry.

Sad. The series ends this way but I would never play them again so long as Pruitt is there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1