Naders head ovur two 825

STARSNBARS

My opinion on this upcoming game is this. Alcoa has a great team. No one that Maryville plays in the regular season will come close to challenging them like Alcoa will. Alcoa is great on defense. Offensively they are pretty good also. Maryville is really good on both sides of the ball. Cleveland game in my opinion helped prepare for Alcoa. Maryville can't turn the ball over like they have the last 2 years vs Alcoa. Maryville needs to cut down on penalties. One of them cost Maryville a TD. Bad thing is the player didn't need to hit that defender because that guy wasn't going to catch Parker McGill.  The thing that scares me the most about Alcoa is their return game. Maryville's kicking game isn't the best. Right now is when I would love to see another Zack Sharp. Maryville can't give up any cheap scores. Make Alcoa drive the field.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

My opinion on this upcoming game is this. Alcoa has a great team. No one that Maryville plays in the regular season will come close to challenging them like Alcoa will. Alcoa is great on defense. Offensively they are pretty good also. Maryville is really good on both sides of the ball. Cleveland game in my opinion helped prepare for Alcoa. Maryville can't turn the ball over like they have the last 2 years vs Alcoa. Maryville needs to cut down on penalties. One of them cost Maryville a TD. Bad thing is the player didn't need to hit that defender because that guy wasn't going to catch Parker McGill.  The thing that scares me the most about Alcoa is their return game. Maryville's kicking game isn't the best. Right now is when I would love to see another Zack Sharp. Maryville can't give up any cheap scores. Make Alcoa drive the field.

Man, I may have to make a name change or two and just copy and paste this when Dobyns Bennett plays Alcoa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Turnovers are the high blood pressure of football - silent killer for sure. I hope we kick off a bunch!

3 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Bunch of Maryville alumni who want the Rebels name changed are showing up to protest.  It makes me sick. 

If you need the GOONS to counter protest! Just let us know....we be at the barbershop, anyway. Nutt'n for us to go all Leroy Mercer on them sissies!:thumb:

Huh!

Edited by BCsportsfan

3 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Ron, I think the game will be more like last year than the year before. Two very good defenses that will lead to a low scoring game. I would not be surprised by a 10-14 point score winning it.

I think Alcoa has the players to throw the ball and have a balanced attack to help from trying to run against a defense sold out to stop the repeated runs. But, years of watching Alcoa football has shown,  that will not be the game plan. Without a producive passing game plan like Alcoa used in 2018, I see a Alcoa Offense struggle to pound the football consistently.  That may lead to the same result as last year. A Stout Alcoa Defense that held tight til 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,  only to get wore down when the offense continued to run the ball and go 3 and out several times. The defense Alcoa will be bring is a bit better than last season,  but the Offense IMO, is about the same. 

I'd like to see Alcoa be able to just run the ball like in 2009.....But, this team is NOT close to that team offensively.  So, I just don't see that happening?

I count on one thing each year, and that's a tough Coach Nix defense! Hope his boys can get it done!:thumb:

12 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ron, I think the game will be more like last year than the year before. Two very good defenses that will lead to a low scoring game. I would not be surprised by a 10-14 point score winning it.

I think Alcoa has the players to throw the ball and have a balanced attack to help from trying to run against a defense sold out to stop the repeated runs. But, years of watching Alcoa football has shown,  that will not be the game plan. Without a producive passing game plan like Alcoa used in 2018, I see a Alcoa Offense struggle to pound the football consistently.  That may lead to the same result as last year. A Stout Alcoa Defense that held tight til 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,  only to get wore down when the offense continued to run the ball and go 3 and out several times. The defense Alcoa will be bring is a bit better than last season,  but the Offense IMO, is about the same. 

I'd like to see Alcoa be able to just run the ball like in 2009.....But, this team is NOT close to that team offensively.  So, I just don't see that happening?

I count on one thing each year, and that's a tough Coach Nix defense! Hope his boys can get it done!:thumb:

I remember when you and Throwdeslant came to Kingsport a few years ago and myself and BVD sit on your side in the next little mini bleachers over. I'm thinking you guys must have had a extra bus for the offense that year and they didn't get there until halftime.Just kidding but man your fans around me were ready to blow up about the offensive play calling.I think Alcoa scored about 28  points in the second half to win in a close one.

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

City of Maryville school employee leading this bandwagon though. i really didn't want to mention that but let the feathers fly and where they land so let that be that. Their not stupid and should have enough sense to know better.

None that I know and I know more than you currently. The chairman of the school board liked my tweets on the history of the name. The school knows all about Coach Dean Bailey suiting up a couple of Maryville College players in 1934 and being banned from playing a TSSAA schedule in 1935. He played a 1935 season anyway against NC, GA. AL and a few NON-TSSAA teams in TN. They deemed him a REBEL. The name stuck. One of the initial leaders of this, is a 2014 Grad who went to Belmont and now she feels really bad for people who she never associated with in high school (athletes). 

tenor.gif

40 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I remember when you and Throwdeslant came to Kingsport a few years ago and myself and BVD sit on your side in the next little mini bleachers over. I'm thinking you guys must have had a extra bus for the offense that year and they didn't get there until halftime.Just kidding but man your fans around me were ready to blow up about the offensive play calling.I think Alcoa scored about 28  points in the second half to win in a close one.

That was a fun night hanging out with you Guys!! Remember it well!B)