Long time poster and Whitehaven fan, KWC, has passed away

Galilee

Tears are hard to stop right now. KWC (Kermit Clinton) was a true lover of High School football. We know how much he loved Whitehaven>He was a 1982 graduate of WH. He could debate anybody on Memphis football but always with class. He started The  Big Games IN Memphis" contest that made us very competitive. It is so sad that Whitehaven lost a rising  Senior to death on Thursday and one of its biggest fans on yesterday. We have stood on the track during Mitchell and Whitehaven games and talked until the lights were turned off. RIP KWC

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Galilee said:

Tears are hard to stop right now. KWC (Kermit Clinton) was a true lover of High School football. We know how much he loved Whitehaven>He was a 1982 graduate of WH. He could debate anybody on Memphis football but always with class. He started The  Big Games IN Memphis" contest that made us very competitive. It is so sad that Whitehaven lost a rising  Senior to death on Thursday and one of its biggest fans on yesterday. We have stood on the track during Mitchell and Whitehaven games and talked until the lights were turned off. RIP KWC

My deepest condolences. He helped us small town teams a lot with insight and stats from several Memphis teams over the years. Will miss talking with him come playoff time. 

7 minutes ago, Galilee said:

Man I loved talkin Ball with that guy ! Rest in Peace sir !!!!

Sad to hear this. Condolences to his family and the Whitehaven community. A lot of people relied on him for Information regarding Whitehaven, and other Memphis teams. Crazy thing about it, he was always accurate. 
I remember the competitions that he did, he’ll even go as far out as Brighton and Covington to include them in. He’s true class and a proud Whitehaven fan.

Classy guy. Very apparent that he not only had a deep seated love for Whitehaven, but also the youth of Memphis and the surrounding area as well. He will be sorely missed on here, but nothing like he will be within his community and family. My condolences to all who knew him, and prayers that they may always remember, but the pain fades away.

• CoachT changed the title to Long time poster and Whitehaven fan, KWC, has passed away

Sorry to hear of this. While I did not always agree with KWC, I recognized his passion for the game of football and his passion for football in Memphis. I respect that very much. Condolences to his family and his friends. I know he will be missed by many in Memphis and he will certainly be missed on these boards.