Replay camera's its time

harley04

I would only support this if there was some limitation, for instance each coach could request 2 replays per half or something like that.    Otherwise the game just degenerates into something like a turtle trying to run through peanut butter.    The lack of the red hat man, commercial breaks, replays, etc. is what makes HS football better than the other levels, because you get to see actual football instead of yawning so much in between all the interruptions.

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I would only support this if there was some limitation, for instance each coach could request 2 replays per half or something like that.    Otherwise the game just degenerates into something like a turtle trying to run through peanut butter.    The lack of the red hat man, commercial breaks, replays, etc. is what makes HS football better than the other levels, because you get to see actual football instead of yawning so much in between all the interruptions.

Alabama has instant replay, but you can only challenge plays like did he cross the goal line, did the player step out of bounds etc... you can't challenge penalties except penalties involving excess players, forward pass, and ejection type penalties. 

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Disagree... it will slow the game down way to much. 

If Watertown gets screwed on a call in the 3rd rd this year against trousdale and it costs your team the game it won’t matter how much it slows the game down. You will wish there was replay for the Watertown seniors who will never play another down. Am I wrong in assuming that??

8 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Most schools broadcast through NFHS. It could be a possibility with the cameras they use.

I would disagree with the statement that most schools broadcast through NFHS. Those that I have seen broadcast through the NFHS use a single camera system. Having the ability to do replay is an added expense that most schools can't afford. The misconception is that the NFHS provides equipment. They do not. Cameras are not cheap and replay equipment is very expensive. Having the ability to send it down to the field where an official can view It costs an outrageous some of money.

In West Tennessee, there's only one school that has a video broadcasting with the capability of instant replay. And that school is not associated with the NFHS.

Edited by ReitzFan