Mr. Football Candidates!

FridayMainEvent

6 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Jordan Cason  and Jordan Carter for H2O are having Mr. Football kind of years. 

I have them now

Cason (# 3) 73 carries 726 yards 9.9 y/c average 10 TD’s 69 tackles, 108 receiving yards, 4 caused fumbles

Carter ( #9) 69 carries 469 yards 6.8 y/c 7 TD’s.. 111 tackles ( 13 for loss) 2 sacks, 1 int , 3 caused fumbles

These numbers would be through the roof if they weren’t only playing one half of a ball game most weeks!

That’s a lot of tackles for less than 10 games

5 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Will Meadows #34 Meigs County 

Great kid. Worked extremely hard in the off-season with the goal of helping the team not only get back to the 2A Championship but win it. 

Also waited his turn first couple of years behind all-state rb Martin Smith and 3 time Mr. Football candidate and winner Swafford.

Unsure of actual numbers but around 1000 yards rushing and over 10 TD's in six games. Probably couple hundred yards receiving out of backfield also.  

Maybe someone can help with the actual #'s

Definitely Meadows

4 hours ago, BBRaider said:

#5 Kyler Parker should be highly considered his updated #’s are stupid for a 1A QB through 8 games!!

1,222 Pass Yards 14 TD’s

598 Rushing Yards 8 TD’s

Even better. I got stats from unapproved website. I guess they are missing a game. You are right though that Parker should be strongly considered. He is not a big kid but you couldn’t ask someone to play single A QB better. Super accurate, makes good decisions and can scramble when he needs too. He also looks very calm under pressure. If I were voting, I would have:

1. Hunter Frame - South Pitt 

2. Kyler Parker - Moore Co

3. Kolbi Stewart - Huntland 

And if Stewart had been healthy all year, his numbers might be so high that he won it. 

I don't know the criteria for winning Mr. Football, but if it includes leadership and integrity along with results both on and off the field of play, Will Meadows (Meigs Co.) would definitely be one of the favorites. Great young man who's very coachable, always giving his best in whatever he does, and very respected for the fine young man he is in the community.

• Upvote 1

My vote would go to Cameron Rankins although he has missed some time and played at less than 100% pretty much all season he is the heart and soul of this TC team, he doesn’t have Mr Football stats this year, but if this award was for character he gets my nod every time, great kid and does everything the right way! 

2020 BLAKE CARROLL LEWIS CO      
     STATS        
  ATT YDS YD PER ATT TD YDS PER GM
RUSHING 105 788 7.50 11 98.5  

ATTS COMP YDS TD    
PASSING 1 1 14 1    

REC YDS TDS YDS PER REC  
RECEIVING 3 78 1 26.0    

ATT YDS AVG TD    
PUNT RET 8 188 23.50 1    

ATTS YDS AVG      
KICK RET 5 147 29.40      

MADE 2-PT RUN        
XP-CONVERTED 22 3 6      

ATTS YDS TDS PTS    
TOTALS  122 1215 14 112    
PER GAME 15.25 151.88 1.75 14.00    

OTHER        
  ATTS YDS AVG      
PUNTS 6 196 32.67      
TACKLES 34          
FUM REC 2          

8 GAMES        
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

I don't know the criteria for winning Mr. Football, but if it includes leadership and integrity along with results both on and off the field of play, Will Meadows (Meigs Co.) would definitely be one of the favorites. Great young man who's very coachable, always giving his best in whatever he does, and very respected for the fine young man he is in the community.

Stats 

politics and more politics 

• Like 1