Mr. Football Candidates!

FridayMainEvent

9 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I understand. I watched the tape of your guys against TC. Your guys are well deserving as any.  They looked great.

I would much rather play TC than have to face H2O. I like the way H2O spreads the ball out and throws it around.

Passing D is one of our weaknesses. 

I was also just saying all or most of these guys are in the same boat with setting out half of a game.

What did your guys put up against TC

I would have to look these numbers up. I’ll try to find them tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have lost all faith in this award when Tanner Snyder of Lake County didn't win in last year. He was the best player in 1A last year. It is a political award and also a media driven award. The voters of this award difanetly does not do their homework into all the kids that are nominated.

Snyder was good but Willis was very deserving of the award. His numbers were astronomical. He was definitely the best player in 1A. 

7 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

Snyder was good but Willis was very deserving of the award. His numbers were astronomical. He was definitely the best player in 1A. 

That's your opinion and Willis was deserving but go luck at Snyders rushing and passing numbers and total tds. Plus his defensive numbers. They were better than Willis combined numbers. Like I said Willis was and is a very good football player but in 1A football in 2019 Snyder was the better player. Both are outstanding kids. Just feel like hype won the award. In 1994 Jewell Flowers rushed 2848 yards with 45 yes and lost Mr. Football to James Cook from East Robertson. It was no comparison between the two players. It's about the hype not the numbers.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

That's your opinion and Willis was deserving but go luck at Snyders rushing and passing numbers and total tds. Plus his defensive numbers. They were better than Willis combined numbers. Like I said Willis was and is a very good football player but in 1A football in 2019 Snyder was the better player. Both are outstanding kids. Just feel like hype won the award. In 1994 Jewell Flowers rushed 2848 yards with 45 yes and lost Mr. Football to James Cook from East Robertson. It was no comparison between the two players. It's about the hype not the numbers.

Ever heard of Eddie Moore? He didn’t win it either back in the late 90’s. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Willis NO DOUBT!

I didn't expect anything less from East Tn people. Men lie women lie stats don't. Again Willis was a great player but in 2019 Snyder should have been Mr. Football. We can debate this all night and we are not going to chance one another minds. Hype over substance in the voting last year. Willis got Mr. Football and Snyder got the gold ball and MVP of the title game. I think if you ask Tanner he would have took that all day and twice on Sunday. Head to head Tanner had the much better performance when it matter and his combined numbers were better than Willis for the season. It doesn't matter now at all. I think if people would have looked deeper into the numbers between the two then it would have been a no brainer. Both kids were outstanding on and off the field. That was a wash between the two so it came down to numbers and  Snyder had the better numbers and team. It came down to Hype. Willis was know going into the season and Snyder flew under the radar so to speak. It doesn't matter no at all. I just don't agree with how the voters have a lack of true knowledge of all the nominees.I am done this is about the 2020 Mr. Football.

Edited by lakecounty1968
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I didn't expect anything less from East Tn people. Men lie women lie stats don't. Again Willis was a great player but in 2019 Snyder should have been Mr. Football. We can debate this all night and we are not going to chance one another minds. Hype over substance in the voting last year. Willis got Mr. Football and Snyder got the gold ball and MVP of the title game. I think if you ask Tanner he would have took that all day and twice on Sunday. Head to head Tanner had the much better performance when it matter and his combined numbers were better than Willis for the season. It doesn't matter now at all. I think if people would have looked deeper into the numbers between the two then it would have been a no brainer. Both kids were outstanding on and off the field. That was a wash between the two so it came down to numbers and  Snyder had the better numbers and team. It came down to Hype. Willis was know going into the season and Snyder flew under the radar so to speak. It doesn't matter no at all. I just don't agree with how the voters have a lack of true knowledge of all the nominees.I am done this is about the 2020 Mr. Football.

Spot on 

8 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ever heard of Eddie Moore? He didn’t win it either back in the late 90’s. 

Yes, saw him playing several times while he was at So. Pittsburg. He was a prime example that this award is about hype and not substance as was Jewell Flowers of Lake County in 1994 and Tanner Snyder in 2019. So. Pittsburg has had a few over the years that deserved the award but was victim to hype over substance. Good luck to all 2020 nominees.

Edited by lakecounty1968