Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

I was standing at the fence right behind the Alcoa players and they have so many beasts and athletes, some of those kids look like they never leave the weight room, #2 #1 look like they could bench press a semi truck. Alcoa really takes pride in their defense they kept pacing the sidelines saying our defense held them scoreless.

Db played hard they left everything on the field, Alcoa was just too much, my hats off for both teams 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Was great to meet you guys. :thumb:

Fixing to put a missing persons report out on you. Glad to see you post and you all had a great time last night, that's what it's all about. Was a great game and no doubt Alcoa does have the best defense in the state. They went to the home of the team that hung 56 points on Farragut and goose egged them on defense. Alcoa is solid as a rock at each position on D for sure.

20 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Going to be a low scoring game. I see 21 points winning it. Alcoa needs to throw the ball like Science Hill did, but won't. Especially in this weather. It will be a grind it out game! 

I see the Alcoa Defense holding DB to 14 points or less. Hoping Alcoa can have some balance and not have to rely on trying to run against a huge line.

It's time for Alcoa's Seniors to step up! :thumb:

Yup! Only took 20 points....

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

I love all of you arm chair quarterbacks who probably didn't even get in the game as a high school player.  The one thing I respect about the Maryville and Alcoa fans, is that with all the confidence they have they always point out the positives of the opposing team.  We (DB) can't even give the boy's props for shutting out a very good team in the second half.  It's amazing to me that we get all of these so called experts from other schools...areas that know so much about football that they down DB.  Yes, most is true, but we haven't asked for or put out there that we are perfect.  I realize we all are very supportive of our teams, but please make the smack talk constructive and don't and I mean don't, criticize from the sidelines when I'm positive you have never been an integral part of a team that is competing for a cause.

Speaking of Arm Chair Quarterbacks the arm of my chair might not make it to another football season.

thumbnail_(4).jpg?width=590&height=370&f

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

I don't think DB will back down from Marivul this year. At the LOS i think its an even game. But we all know Marivul has the more all around team. DB is very physical and will keep hitting you in the mouth play in and play out. They have to find a way to be more unpredictable on offense & figure out a way to reduce the big plays in the secondary 

After how they just got handled by Alcoa at home?  Keep dreaming.  Enjoy your sleep.