Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

44 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Sometimes what the kids like, don't necessarily translate into better.

Richard Anderson tried the Michigan stripes on the helmets….flop 

Dirty Birds?   Dirty ….really?.

Owls Nest?  The only thing in a nest is eggs and/or  bird crap.

I know, I'm out of date and out of tune....  evidently

I agree. I don't like the new tiger paw on Gordonsville's helmets either. Smith County should have black tops, black pants, and black helmets with a gold SC.

My first call would absolutely be to Hackett at Watertown, and I think he will take it. It would definitely inflate community support

1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

I agree. It would be an uphill climb to start but they don’t expect much right now either. Schedule some winnable games for the next couple years to get you through. There is talent there in the lower grades so by the time they get up to high school you would have your program and philosophy established and be ready to become competitive again with most teams you’re gonna face. It’s going to take a coach that knows the history and the fan base and be willing to work to get it done though. 

"Easy" wins don't do anything but present false hope. Iron sharpens Iron bud. Take the medicine and make the moves that will last, not the cheap Dollar Store crap. Cannon Co, no disrespect to the Lions, should be as easy as it gets. The only thing I'd change on their schedule from this year, Replace Stone with TC. 

2 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

"Easy" wins don't do anything but present false hope. Iron sharpens Iron bud. Take the medicine and make the moves that will last, not the cheap Dollar Store crap. Cannon Co, no disrespect to the Lions, should be as easy as it gets. The only thing I'd change on their schedule from this year, Replace Stone with TC. 

If I was SC I would play every local team I could. Like you said right now they are all better and iron sharpens iron. At least playing these teams that are close you will make a lot of money. Call TC, Watertown, MC, DC, and keep Cannon if you want a guaranteed win. Play those teams along with Gville and your region. Get better and make money. It is a win win and eventually you will be competing with them and winning a few of the games.

16 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

If I was SC I would play every local team I could. Like you said right now they are all better and iron sharpens iron. At least playing these teams that are close you will make a lot of money. Call TC, Watertown, MC, DC, and keep Cannon if you want a guaranteed win. Play those teams along with Gville and your region. Get better and make money. It is a win win and eventually you will be competing with them and winning a few of the games.

Edited by H2Oman

11 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Cannon is apart of their region. Not sure what the Reg looks like for next year. Id avoid them as well if possible because historically the competition is down and the gate is low. 

33 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Agree BUT I would also try to travel at least 1 game against a team that you would see in the playoffs with speed and size win or not. 

1 hour ago, TigerTown12 said:

I agree. I don't like the new tiger paw on Gordonsville's helmets either. Smith County should have black tops, black pants, and black helmets with a gold SC.

My first call would absolutely be to Hackett at Watertown, and I think he will take it. It would definitely inflate community support

Won’t be Hackett. Can’t see him leaving Watertown. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TigerTown12 said:

Didn't Gville have tiger paws on the helmets in the 80s?

I like them, because it seems like a throwback.

I would make Hackett tell me no as far as the job goes, but had it been up to me(it isn't), I wouldn't have let Murray go. It's hard to deny that the Owls got better as the season went on, and they hosted a playoff game playing mostly sophomores. I feel that he overachieved. 

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

Didn’t say schedule Red Boiling bud. I said schedule winnable games, big difference. Local teams would make sense and some of them could be considered as winnable, depending on coaching.