South Pittsburg at Gordonsville

powerp

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Size I will definitely agree with.. speed maybe.  Either way on paper this should be a blowout, but unfortunately paper doesn’t play the game! 

Good luck to both teams and I hope everyone comes out injury free!

Good luck to you guys as well this with against TC... you are definitely right though, being better on paper means nothing. Gordonsville will be very tough and if our kids don’t bring it we will go home with a loss. Everybody is good this time of year!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I’ve got a feeling Gordy is going to surprise some Pirate folks Friday! I will not go as far as a win, but this game will be close into the second half!

It won’t surprise those of us that now. The times I recall being up there one of two things happened. We won a highly competitive game or we lost. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Shut up stupid....

You two play nice. LMBO

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

FWIW, the Tennessean doesn't even have this game on it's radar for the top games this week in Middle Tennessee. In my best Rodney Dangerfield impression...No Respect.

2.1%

That’s disrespectful to Gordy and SP not to cover the game.  

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Quit feeding your Tigers bulletin board material. We don't want to get embarrassed tomorrow night.

Feeding it to both teams it seems. Apparently the Nashville paper doesn’t think our 1A teams are worthy of coverage. 

2 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

This screenshot is from the Tennessean two weeks ago listing the favorites, contenders and dark horses in each class. 

Gordonsville is completely absent in 1A, as is Watertown in 2A.

20201106_081307.jpg

Well there you go. Lewis County? They have been gone. I can’t disagree about the favorites, but favorites don’t win games. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

It won’t surprise those of us that now. The times I recall being up there one of two things happened. We won a highly competitive game or we lost. 

You two play nice. LMBO

That’s disrespectful to Gordy and SP not to cover the game.  

Feeding it to both teams it seems. Apparently the Nashville paper doesn’t think our 1A teams are worthy of coverage. 

Barney that is about all that can happen isnt it? Either you win or lose? Is you ok after rehab? You think im joking but im not. 

This game will come down to line play just like others have said.  We have size, but really just 2 big guys.  If they play in the middle and get blocked into each other then they will be out of the play.  I say we play them outside between the tackle and guard, then have 57 line up at nose.  That 3 beasts up from then we’ve got Allen at one end and Reginald Hunter at the other.  Beene and Stone at LB’s.  That’s a very tough front 7 IMO.  I believe Gordy will have a tougher time running the ball than most think.  They will have to rely on the pass which scares me a little.  We may need to put jackson and Mount at corners, with Lewis and Richard Hunter at safety.  We can mix Frame and Kelley at the corners but need their stamina for offense more.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe