McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

2 hours ago, timcraw said:

One article i read stated from the state health dept (cant remember the doctors name) that the negative test was an antibody test. According to the doctor and CDC "an antibody test shouldnt be used to diagnose the virus because antibodies may not show up till after 7 to 14 days after Covid 19 is present" so in other words that negative test was as good as garbage

This! I don’t want to throw out accusations but it kinda sounds like their doctor was trying to “make it okay”. Why an antibody test? Why not repeat a regular Covid test?  Two of my kids have had covid and we have been told both times by our doctors office that the antibody test would only be positive if the patient had the virus in their system for a fairly lengthy amount of time . We even asked how long and were told at minimum a few days. Maybe longer. So that makes me wonder if their doctor wasn’t kind of trying to “help” the kid test negative. I feel like most doctors know that the antibody test isn’t always accurate for a recent case. And plenty of people with covid have normal pulse ox stats so why was that used like “evidence” that kid didn’t have covid. The whole thing with the kids doctor reeks of BS to me. Not to mention the whole “our kids don’t get within six feet of each other” “ they are only close for 30 seconds or less.” I’m not buying it.  I see how football practices  go and how players are. Coaches and admin do their best and try their hardest but honestly those kids get closer and in bunches more than you’d like. It’s a constant effort. 
I feel like McMinn had a kid with a positive test. No games should be played until he and the kids In his position group he practiced closely with on Monday (and probably Sunday) were contact traced and quarantined. It was the right decision to postpone the game even tho that super sucks for all the kids. In the end tho, if the game couldn’t be played, this was the right decision. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Martymcfly said:

Not sure what the answer is to this, but I believe the letter from the TSSAA to both high schools said that it was the McMinn Co. Health Dept. that didn't respond.

I’m led to believe they didn’t respond because they couldn’t. The Covid Tracing documents they were requesting did not exist because the proper procedure was not followed. And instead of just coming out and saying that, the health department just didn’t respond. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this. Does anyone else think there could be an investigation into this? Or am I looking too deep into it?

Just now, BigDaddyDave said:

I’m led to believe they didn’t respond because they couldn’t. The Covid Tracing documents they were requesting did not exist because the proper procedure was not followed. And instead of just coming out and saying that, the health department just didn’t respond. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this. Does anyone else think there could be an investigation into this? Or am I looking too deep into it?

Hoping there will be

15 hours ago, timcraw said:

One article i read stated from the state health dept (cant remember the doctors name) that the negative test was an antibody test. According to the doctor and CDC "an antibody test shouldnt be used to diagnose the virus because antibodies may not show up till after 7 to 14 days after Covid 19 is present" so in other words that negative test was as good as garbage

You're correct.  I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I read the letter and the doctor ordered an IgG antibody test to determine the previous test was a false positive.  IgG TESTS ARE NOT USED TO DIAGNOSE AN ACTIVE INFECTION OF SARS-CoV-2.  He needed to order either a molecular or antigen test (PCR, NAAT, etc.).