2020 finalists for the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards announced

CoachT

Where’s #12 from?  I can’t imagine leaving a 12-0 team for anywhere except 13-0. We’ve had several players move in or transfer in legally over last 4 years and truthfully longer than that. Seems there is something special about being at Meigs on a Friday night. Haha I know there is...

On 11/17/2020 at 2:27 PM, PiddyDaFull said:

I’m glad the guys who deserved to be finalists became finalists in 2a. Just wish the right guys had been nominated. I still would’ve liked to see some h2o or yellow jackets in it. Rankins is obviously better and apart of a better team while Watertown had 3 guys better than the guys nominated from Oneida and LC lol. It’s just dumb politics. Meadows will win it in my opinion.

:rolleyes:

On 11/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Listen it is what it is.  All are deserving.  If you base it on numbers i believe frame wins.  Even in our loss to Meigs he made things happen out of nothing simply by weaving in and out.  He is super fast and when he makes his cut he has that extra gear.  I’ll be biased all I want.  

Frame also has a good stiff arm down the stretch as well.  So much so, other teams announcers whiz and moan about it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

I Just wish some kids got well deserved recognition. I’m not hating on anyone for being nominated. I’m happy for the kids that did and I am sure they work extremely hard. But if you watch an H2o or TC game and think the kids nominated are better then you might be crazy. 

I have saw both and yes there are some fine athletes playing for both. You’re probably right, our guy isn’t much good, only got 3 D-1 offers :lol: Seriously though I know there are dozens of players across the state that never see the nomination list, I get that and I agree with you it’s unfortunate but just because one kid doesn’t get nominated doesn’t mean another doesn’t deserve it just the same. I’m just glad our guy got a little recognition, he’s a pure athlete, good size, very good speed, a 5 star punter that earlier this year was ranked #3 in the nation for the class of 2021 by pro kicker.com, can jump out of the gym and shoots a great 3 ball. I’m certain there are dozens just like him out there and yes it’s unfortunate all of them can’t get nominated but it’s not like we’re the committee’s favorite. He is the only Mr. Football nominee I can remember us having. 

10 hours ago, rlh said:

Frame also has a good stiff arm down the stretch as well.  So much so, other teams announcers whiz and moan about it.

Frame deserves 1A Mr. Football. His stats and what he does on defense also. He had to work hard to get the yards he earned against us.

You take away the long touchdown run though and that was about it besides one nice 4th down conversion. I would guess he had more runs for no gain or lost yardage in our game than combined all year.

That was a nice stiff arm slash punch he added on that last drive to go along with that kick that got him the 15 yard penalty. 

I was unable to make the game and watched it on the CW. The announcers made every effort to let everyone know multiple times all the hardships SP had to endure prior to coming to Meigs. Every time something went wrong it was "well you can expect some rust and not coming out in game shape or ready to play after being off so long.

But even the SP announcers commented on that stiff arm saying I thing the refs are gathering around to throw a flag on him for that. I believe they didn't because it was 28 to 14 late in 4th quarter. 

Don't want to take anything from SP. They should easily win 1A this year. You take away the penalties and mistakes its a whole different game. SP jumped off sides several times. I think 3 times in a row one time.