2020 finalists for the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards announced

CoachT

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Not sure that is a knock or not lol. Either way the kid that is most deserving of the award at Meigs is the one that was nominated and in the running. I've not seen other kids on the team match his work ethic. We have some silly talented kids and alot that I would consider material for the award. But Meadows is easily the most deserving on our team I believe. 

He for sure is and has I'm sure great parent's that brought him up right. I knew if he took after his Dad he was going to be a beast and he hasn't disappointed. 

Just now, sportman said:

He for sure is and has I'm sure great parent's that brought him up right. I knew if he took after his Dad he was going to be a beast and he hasn't disappointed. 

He has gotten alot better each year that he has played. I've met his family and chat with them when I can. His daddy left quite a big mold to fill considering his accomplishments at Meigs. I know from conversation with him and his wife that they are extremely proud of him. He has a younger brother we are trying to get back to playing, he was also a great talent when I watched him play. The kids have good genes lol.

11 minutes ago, sportman said:

There you go everyone, straight out of the horses mouth.  Great post and the truth. When I say something I will stand behind it like Mike has and not because someone else said, well they said this or that.  So, now let's everyone breathe a little easier today!! LOL.. 

Thanks brother!  If things go as expected, I look forward to seeing you and PowerP in a couple of weeks, my friend.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

He has gotten alot better each year that he has played. I've met his family and chat with them when I can. His daddy left quite a big mold to fill considering his accomplishments at Meigs. I know from conversation with him and his wife that they are extremely proud of him. He has a younger brother we are trying to get back to playing, he was also a great talent when I watched him play. The kids have good genes lol.

Will comes from good stock. His Dad held the state record for all-purpose yards in a season for a long time, and may still own the record. Will's Mother played on one of the State Champion basketball teams for the Lady Tigers in the 1990's.  They're wonderful people and they do a lot for the community.

Old Pirate says, Congratulations to all the players receiving recognition, while keeping in mind your recognition is largely  a team effort. OP do not waste time reading any of the fore mentioned yapping, cause surely there are those butt hurt and wantabe talent gurus that are sure to yap. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Thanks brother!  If things go as expected, I look forward to seeing you and PowerP in a couple of weeks, my friend.

Context is everything. And that's a good point about having 2 kids from the same team, they will take votes from one another.

And you're right, we need to bring back the lineman award. Technically we need an offensive lineman and a defensive player award.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Imthayeti said:

I won't argue that case man, as it's a no win argument. All that stuff really depends on ones own definition of the award. Truthfully all of those players are great and above the level of most of the competition we have faced. A Mr.Football candidate to me is a player who achieves greatness at his respected position, a role model to the team, a player who cannot be replaced at the level of play he has reached on his team. That would probably narrow my picks down to 5 though

#2,

Those players are irreplaceable for us this year. The team would be less without any them on the field. Also every fan could pick teammates like I am who would achieve less without their best players on their team. The players I picked would make an Immediate impact on nearly any team in 1 and 2A I believe. Again man just my opinion.

#12 is great but is still young. He will be one of those mentioned more sooner than later. 

Hhhmmmmmmm #12. Where have I heard that last name before?

3 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says answer should be, “Be careful not to let the door hit you in the but on yous way out! Ifin yous not happy, leave” YepReconSo 

I agree on that bud. Felt like it was a shot so I took one in kind. We would hate to lose anyone, but we have alot of talent to step up for another role as well.

Edited by Imthayeti