2020 finalists for the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards announced

CoachT

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I won't argue that case man, as it's a no win argument. All that stuff really depends on ones own definition of the award. Truthfully all of those players are great and above the level of most of the competition we have faced. A Mr.Football candidate to me is a player who achieves greatness at his respected position, a role model to the team, a player who cannot be replaced at the level of play he has reached on his team. That would probably narrow my picks down to 5 though

#2,

Those players are irreplaceable for us this year. The team would be less without any them on the field. Also every fan could pick teammates like I am who would achieve less without their best players on their team. The players I picked would make an Immediate impact on nearly any team in 1 and 2A I believe. Again man just my opinion.

#12 is great but is still young. He will be one of those mentioned more sooner than later. 

Sadly h2o only has 4 of these guys unlike Meigs 

Mr Football is an award given by the media— much like the Heisman. There are several teams who have 2-4 ((pushing it) players who can claim to be the best in the state. If any team has 4 or more players who they believe are Mr Football types said team should walk through to state title. I am very proud of and for Will Meadows from Meigs County for Mr Football!  While others are having great years let’s not diminish what each of these finalists have accomplished. They only played the game to their highest level-  they didn’t pay the media for votes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

18 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Parker should win 1A. I agree with Mike Molder, if you can't even agree on one kid being the best from one team it's a hard sell to say that kids the best in the state.

17 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You and others, myself as well,  need to understand there isn't a lineman award anymore.  So really,  in that sense, Frame and Stone, while being on the same team, are two distinctly different type players by their position.  

17 hours ago, powerp said:

So you knock a player that has 6 Mr Football worthy candidates on their team? That's dumb thinking. Frame should win hands down. Best player in single A.

Okay, let me straighten out exactly what I said for those who missed the show WarEagle is referring too.  Also let me straighten out our role is this process.

The TSSAA emails everyone listed as an official "media outlet" a link to an online "ballot".   We are ask to submit 3 nominations from each class for consideration as the Mr. Football winner.    Essentially we are only used to compile the list that the actual committee of hand picked media members uses to determine the Mr. Football award.   We have a very small role in this process.

As to my statement about multiple kids being nominated off one team:

The TSSAA made a HUGE mistake in my opinion cutting this award down to one per class.   Realistically what chance does a lineman have now?   Are there names in the newspaper each week?   Do they show up anywhere in the team Stats?  (excluding tackles, sacks, etc..)   It's sad to me that they are no longer on equal footing to receive accolades for their accomplishments.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is now so obviously there is only one award per class.   Each team needs to figure out at the end of the season who they are going to push for this award.   Let the team vote, make the Coaches decide, get the fanbase involved....  I don't really care.   The bottom line is ONLY one person can win it.   As I said, if you aren't the MOST deserving candidate on your own team, how can you honestly make an argument as the best candidate for the award in the entire State??    That is the problem here.   Only one of them can win it, but the other is going to potentially take votes away from the more deserving nominee in that particular area.   

As I said earlier, the real issue here is that TSSAA dropped the lineman award.   If the old system was still in place, then both SP players would of been nominated for different Mr. Football awards and both would of had a realistic shot at winning those awards.   With the current system, why have two off the same team?   Push the more deserving one and open the door for another school to be represented.   Those who follow our show know I'm a big fan of Vic Grider and have a ton of folks I consider friends over there but my opinion on this topic has nothing to do with any particular team just that the concept of Mr. Football is flawed with only one per class now.

Edited by FridayMainEvent
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Sadly h2o only has 4 of these guys unlike Meigs 

Not sure that is a knock or not lol. Either way the kid that is most deserving of the award at Meigs is the one that was nominated and in the running. I've not seen other kids on the team match his work ethic. We have some silly talented kids and alot that I would consider material for the award. But Meadows is easily the most deserving on our team I believe. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Okay, let me straighten out exactly what I said for those who missed the show WarEagle is referring too.  Also let me straighten out our role is this process.

The TSSAA emails everyone listed as an official "media outlet" a link to an online "ballot".   We are ask to submit 3 nominations from each class for consideration as the Mr. Football winner.    Essentially we are only used to compile the list that the actual committee of hand picked media members uses to determine the Mr. Football award.   We have a very small role in this process.

As to my statement about multiple kids being nominated off one team:

The TSSAA made a HUGE mistake in my opinion cutting this award down to one per class.   Realistically what chance does a lineman have now?   Are there names in the newspaper each week?   Do they show up anywhere in the team Stats?  (excluding tackles, sacks, etc..)   It's sad to me that they are no longer on equal footing to receive accolades for their accomplishments.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is now so obviously there is only one award per class.   Each team needs to figure out at the end of the season who they are going to push for this award.   Let the team vote, make the Coaches decide, get the fanbase involved....  I don't really care.   The bottom line is ONLY one person can win it.   As I said, if you aren't the MOST deserving candidate on your own team, how can you honestly make an argument as the best candidate for the award in the entire State??    That is the problem here.   Only one of them can win it, but the other is going to potentially take votes away from the other in that particular area.   

As I said earlier, the real issue here is that TSSAA dropped the lineman award.   If the old system was still in place, then both SP players would of been nominated for different Mr. Football awards and both would of had a realistic shot at winning those awards.   With the current system, why have two off the same team?   Push the more deserving one and open the door for another school to be represented.   Those who follow our show know I'm a big fan of Vic Grider and have a ton of folks I consider friends over there but my opinion on this topic has nothing to do with any particular team just that the concept of Mr. Football is flawed with only one per class now.

There you go everyone, straight out of the horses mouth.  Great post and the truth. When I say something I will stand behind it like Mike has and not because someone else said, well they said this or that.  So, now let's everyone breathe a little easier today!! LOL.. 

• Like 1