South Pittsburg vs coalfield(Grider against this Henry man)

Roy Dillard

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

That's great they do that for you.

Yeah, it's great they are doing it.  I have a feeling it will be a humbling experience.  It will be good for this young team to go up against such a high caliber team no matter the outcome.  All I ask is they just go down there and give it their all.

26 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Yeah, it's great they are doing it.  I have a feeling it will be a humbling experience.  It will be good for this young team to go up against such a high caliber team no matter the outcome.  All I ask is they just go down there and give it their all.

As a south Pittsburg fan and former member of the locker room, I know all too well about getting on that bus undefeated and getting humbled in the playoffs. Good luck to you guys this week and may the best team win! 

6 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

This SP team is head and shoulders the best out of the East and IMO the West as well. I’ve been a part of really good teams and have played against some good CF and SP teams. I’ve only been able to watch this Pirates team play 2-3 games this year but (feel free to correct me).... I just don’t think this year’s SP team is quite to the level of the SP team I played against in 2016 and can even be compared to last year’s SP team. I’m only going off the few games I’ve watched of them this year but there are still some things holding them back to being at that level. Their defense this year might be better than what I played against but the offense is just a touch behind from what it was in ‘16... this is all opinion though. Another point... the main thing keeping these small 1A teams from being really really good is the lack of passing teams they face throughout the season. Year in and year out it has came back to bite a lot of teams just because they haven’t had to defend the pass almost the entire season before the late rounds of the playoffs... this is for all teams in 1A. If SP would’ve had a strong pass defense, they would have been to Cookeville in the past couple years, if not multiple times. Now CF can’t really throw the ball so I don’t see that hurting them this year, but in years past, that has been their Achilles heel. Other than that, it’s tough to stand toe to toe against them.

2016 team was good but no where close to the same overall talent level of this team. That team was more consistent passing with Holland and Kennemore than we have been but not in same conversation as 17,19 & 20. 2017 was better than 2016 imo but losing Sawyer Kelly was just too big a blow to overcome against GB in semifinals. He was our game breaker that year and losing him was huge.  We took a step back in 2018 with some youth but was still close. This team and 2019 are similar. 2019 was the more consistent and the more seasoned team between them but this team is more explosive on both sides of the ball. Offensive line is isn’t as consistent as last years and our DB’s aren’t as seasoned but everywhere else this team has some very dynamic players. Add that to the fact we haven’t had a game breaker like Frame since Demetric “Little Man” Johnson and probably since Raquis Hale. He has taken his game to another level this year. We haven’t had a WR like Reggie Hunter since Antonio Robinson. Having him along side Mount and Koby Cooper we should be able to pass on any team we play. For whatever reason though that part of the offense has just stalled most of the season but our backs have picked up the slack. The skill level on this team is scary. People will see just that with the seasons that follow with kids that are just waiting their turn. 

As far as Friday these kids have had this week circled for the last year. Coalfield isn’t the team they wanted but the result will be the same. Don’t be surprised if that cannon isn’t getting fired all night and running clock come the 4th quarter.  

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Some of our boys take plays off, but I tell you when they flip a switch they are unstoppable looking.  Our D line was getting such a push against Gordonsville the other night that everything had to bounce outside. 
The boys are confident but not over confident. They are hungry. Time to eat.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:03 PM, Roy Dillard said:

I went ahead and created this website. I garuntee Grider better get our boys trained better for this game.  If we lose this game our season will be over.  You think im joking but im not. 

have been quite for so long. So I'm gone speak up for my children. Cause I fell like my son is being targeted for whatever reason. I just want to ask the question. What is being a Pirate all about cause we new here. I see amazing people on this page an in the crowd at the games. I have had the pleasure of talking to an meeting some good people since arriving here. But it seems the football thing has been a challenge for me. We have great players with some amazing talent. They can do anything they put they mind too for years to come. But I have to speak up on how I feel my son is being treated on this team. So I know my sons are amazing athletes along with alot of other players on this team. My son Richard Hunter Jr. Is a amazing player an quarterback. An none of us moved here to step on anyone toes. Parents or children my twins just loves basketball an definitely football. So when had the opportunity to move to a football town. We took it an we are here. An my son have not played quarterback since he made that amazing play to his brother an the fans loved it. I went from being cool with some of the coaches to seeing me an not speaking. But I don't care when it comes to my children I gone speak up. When it comes to me I'm gonna speak up. An for any other kid I will speak up. I watch my son go from loving too. Sports to loving one because of how a coach treated him. Yes I am a single parent raising two talent young men. An I taught them be happy for others an jealous of no one. U will always see them cheering there team mates on. They be so happy after one of them make a touchdown or great play. But my son can't get the same opportunity why. I been told be patient but they juniors an they want college offers too. But my son haven't hit the field in the area he do the best at. For what reason every play he doing awesome. I feel like it has something to do with me. An If that's what being a pirate all about I want someone to tell me now.An my boys may get kicked off the team. Because I'm speaking out but idk it people post biblical things everyday on there page. An watch my son be mistreated an don't say a word. So I guess being a Christian means when its convenient for u. I thought being a pirate meant together family. But is that for certain people certain players do the twins not fall under that category let's ask coach"

Hey Diltard you better get on that goat and run to Hixson and tell that momma to get off Facebook before she screws up your Orchestration you have going on.You don't promise playing time and don't follow thru!I told you she sure was talking a lot after that Decatur game,now she is real mad and I ain't joking either!Question will #7 get a lot of mommy ball Fri??YEP I RECO SO.LMBO.Its coming!!Be ready.

Edited by Jim1972
  • Thanks 2

@Jim1972 I was waiting for yall to jump on this one. Ill give my two cents for what its worth.   I do see where she is coming from as I do feel that #7 is the better talented QB but after speaking with some old pirates I see the other side as well.  Sanders has put his 4 years in and has not done anything to lose that starting spot. He manages the game well and can complete the few passes needed every game that SP needs.  Sanders fits our offense and has put in a hard 4 years to get to where he's at.  As for starting #7 on defense. Why risk a major injury when at any moment Sanders could go down. If #7 were starting on defense and something happened early in the season and then Sanders goes down late in the playoffs your starting your freshman or someone at another position. Prime example last year Sanders goes down third round and Hubbard starts at QB and you have to adjust your whole offense in 4 days and it leaves you one dimensional.  I was tought at an early age that patience is always rewarded. #7 has the potential to be one of the best QB we've had in a long time and with #75 getting major D1 offers, #2 potentially being a D1 prospect,#28 potentially being a D1 prospect  #7s talent will not go unnoticed next year I guarantee you that.  I dont know this lady or her children but I do understand why she has spoken up. As parents we all should want what is best for our kids.

5 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

@Jim1972 I was waiting for yall to jump on this one. Ill give my two cents for what its worth.   I do see where she is coming from as I do feel that #7 is the better talented QB but after speaking with some old pirates I see the other side as well.  Sanders has put his 4 years in and has not done anything to lose that starting spot. He manages the game well and can complete the few passes needed every game that SP needs.  Sanders fits our offense and has put in a hard 4 years to get to where he's at.  As for starting #7 on defense. Why risk a major injury when at any moment Sanders could go down. If #7 were starting on defense and something happened early in the season and then Sanders goes down late in the playoffs your starting your freshman or someone at another position. Prime example last year Sanders goes down third round and Hubbard starts at QB and you have to adjust your whole offense in 4 days and it leaves you one dimensional.  I was tought at an early age that patience is always rewarded. #7 has the potential to be one of the best QB we've had in a long time and with #75 getting major D1 offers, #2 potentially being a D1 prospect,#28 potentially being a D1 prospect  #7s talent will not go unnoticed next year I guarantee you that.  I dont know this lady or her children but I do understand why she has spoken up. As parents we all should want what is best for our kids.

After the Meigs game I heard this woman go off!Your missing the point!!SHE SAID HE WAS PROMISED PLAYING TIME,not clean up.She doesn't care who she pees off.lol.You all have a problem coming.Wait for it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

After the Meigs game I heard this woman go off!Your missing the point!!SHE SAID HE WAS PROMISED PLAYING TIME,not clean up.She doesn't care who she pees off.lol.You all have a problem coming.Wait for it.

Jim if its true. Do you really think sp coaches are the only ones that have promised a kid playing time? I'm sure it happens everywhere. But of course your here to stir the pot but nobody cares but you. As Ron White says "you cant fix ________"