South Pittsburg vs coalfield(Grider against this Henry man)

Roy Dillard

On 11/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, LethalAttack said:

Jealously is such an evil trait to have. SP will continue to get kids when they want and there isn't one single thing anyone is going to do about it. Maybe the jailhouse fellers would do the same thing if they haven't run people off. Every single year good programs get new players and the reverse happens at programs who don't win.

As far as the QB thing goes, I personally believe in competition and when you have 70 kids or whatever you should be able to challenge each other as a player etc. I don't think the coaches have developed that mind set in the kids. Competition is suppose to bring the best out in every individual. Higher classification programs have this problem every year usually trying to figure out if they are going to start the senior or the junior, same as in most college programs. The coaching staff hasn't done that this year though which is why you have some rumblings.

To note the Jasper fellas again you better just watch your back or you may have some slip out your back door:grin:

Good Post, Old Pirate says inner team competition is truly a difference maker. Major position changes are obvious fer the Pirates in an attempt to strengthen weaknesses. Point here is jest being big ain’t always the best. The coaches have moved several players, even two former TE moved to tackle resulting in a better chemistry. The QB play has not been a difference maker to this point. The new kid has been brought along slowly while obviously learning the system. The Pirates inconsistency has been a major reason backups have received limited quality reps. Perhaps the Pirates as a team will step up, start from the opening kickoff and bring their best effort to date. Now as fer them Jasper fellers, theys a HEEP like Vol fans, watching & yapping about firing the coach & next year.  OP is hopeful playing Jasper Jailhouse High is over. Theys a HEEP of deviousness bred in that bunch of folkes. 

7 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Good Post, Old Pirate says inner team competition is truly a difference maker. Major position changes are obvious fer the Pirates in an attempt to strengthen weaknesses. Point here is jest being big ain’t always the best. The coaches have moved several players, even two former TE moved to tackle resulting in a better chemistry. The QB play has not been a difference maker to this point. The new kid has been brought along slowly while obviously learning the system. The Pirates inconsistency has been a major reason backups have received limited quality reps. Perhaps the Pirates as a team will step up, start from the opening kickoff and bring their best effort to date. Now as fer them Jasper fellers, theys a HEEP like Vol fans, watching & yapping about firing the coach & next year.  OP is hopeful playing Jasper Jailhouse High is over. Theys a HEEP of deviousness bred in that bunch of folkes. 

You win the gold ball your mission is accomplished. I don’t care what anyone says. It’s been 10 years and only 5 teams have ever done it here. Let that sink in. Only 5 teams in the history here have won Gold. Hopefully this will be number 6!

This is my first post. I have a Sophomore playing O line with Coalfield. I have been tracking South Pitt for most of the year. They are fast, coached, and fundamentally strong. This Coalfield team knows what they are up against and respect this Fridays game. From the start this Coalfield team has heard (Its a building year). If lucky maybe 5-4. Now the end of the year (Paper Champions)-Please keep fueling the fire. I promise this team will give everything they have until the last second. Win/Lose 97 percent of this Coalfield team will return next year. South Pitt has had a much deserved successful season. So has Coalfield. Of course I want to win, but my son and I would cheer South Pitt on at State if they win. Its what the East does. 2014 Greenback/Coalfield. Coalfield wins 3rd round and makes it to state. Greenback was their cheering Coalfield. I was at the game my oldest played in that game for Coalfield. Small town teams gain respect for the seasons played by all teams.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CCBK said:

This is my first post. I have a Sophomore playing O line with Coalfield. I have been tracking South Pitt for most of the year. They are fast, coached, and fundamentally strong. This Coalfield team knows what they are up against and respect this Fridays game. From the start this Coalfield team has heard (Its a building year). If lucky maybe 5-4. Now the end of the year (Paper Champions)-Please keep fueling the fire. I promise this team will give everything they have until the last second. Win/Lose 97 percent of this Coalfield team will return next year. South Pitt has had a much deserved successful season. So has Coalfield. Of course I want to win, but my son and I would cheer South Pitt on at State if they win. Its what the East does. 2014 Greenback/Coalfield. Coalfield wins 3rd round and makes it to state. Greenback was their cheering Coalfield. I was at the game my oldest played in that game for Coalfield. Small town teams gain respect for the seasons played by all teams.

Old Pirate says CF, GB & SP have had many great matchups thru the years & certainly this will be another. Old Pirate likes this years squad but their inconsistency is a major concern. Hopeful CF will hit them in the mouth early & often. OP is pert near certain the jest of fans have been waiting fer the Pirates to lift their game. Getting their attention early is a sure fire way of doing jest that. Old Pirate has seen CF and they remind OP of the 3.5 yards in a cloud of dust moving the chains eating the clock. The Pirates will need to be effective offensively and score often to keep CF from shortening the game. Good luck to all the youngons strapping it up!

1 hour ago, Pirate1999 said:

You win the gold ball your mission is accomplished. I don’t care what anyone says. It’s been 10 years and only 5 teams have ever done it here. Let that sink in. Only 5 teams in the history here have won Gold. Hopefully this will be number 6!

Of course it's the mission. Playing up to your potential should also be ones mission. 

22 minutes ago, CCBK said:

Great post and welcome to the T. What number is your son so we can keep an eye on him? 

1 hour ago, Pirate1999 said:

What other single A team has more than 5?  Only team I can think of would be Trousdale County.  I know they have 10 state titles but some were 2A and one in 3A if I'm not mistaking.