South Pittsburg vs coalfield(Grider against this Henry man)

Roy Dillard

8 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I remember all to well 2009 we had a lot more speed and overall more athletes than union city. Well we all know the outcome of that one. 

I hope the boys are staying focused and not thinking this will be a cakewalk.  This Coalfield team is in the semis for a reason and its not because they are a bad football team.  

I remember a missed fg in the 1st half,  n open field unforced fumble heading for a big gain or TD, and lastly a winning fg by a Spanish exchange student with time running out.

9 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I remember all to well 2009 we had a lot more speed and overall more athletes than union city. Well we all know the outcome of that one. 

I hope the boys are staying focused and not thinking this will be a cakewalk.  This Coalfield team is in the semis for a reason and its not because they are a bad football team.  

They are focused. A senior sent me a text earlier with a simple message: not done yet.

28 minutes ago, rlh said:

I remember a missed fg in the 1st half,  n open field unforced fumble heading for a big gain or TD, and lastly a winning fg by a Spanish exchange student with time running out.

We definitely had opportunities to win that game and should have but they controlled the clock and had a great game plan for us. I just remember everyone back then thinking how much more speed we had etc and that it should have been an easy win.  Should we easily take care of this Coalfield team,yes but our boys need to be on the throttle early and never let up.  At this point in the season you can't take anyone lightly 

40 minutes ago, rlh said:

And a stop on 3rd down with 10 yds to go for 1st and we get a piling on 15 yarder on their final drive with about 3 minutes left. 

6 hours ago, powerp said:

Props to big Rico for improving throughout the season. I have watched him go from not really know what was going on to being a pretty decent force. Coaches have developed well.

The big guy has made a complete 180 and is coming into his element.  I hope he gets some offers because his work ethic has gotten so much better and he is very coachable.  

2 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

My opinion South Pittsburg will win it all this year and from what I’m looking at in the roaster y’all will be favored to win it next year too. So 6 this year  and 7 next year. 

I sure hope so.  I feel next year we may have more skill players but we will have to develop line play.  

1 hour ago, oneyewilly said:

I remember a good friend of mine that is a coach telling me before that game that we should take that game easily as long as we stop them on offense at least 2 times.  He hasn’t said either way since that game trying not to jinx it.  Well, we did, but we shot ourselves in the foot. We tried the FG because we dropped a wide open pass to the chest in the endzone.  They couldn’t stop us running the ball so I still say we should have went for it I believe it was 4th and goal from the 3.  Also we fumble after getting the first down which stalled a drive to put us up by 8 possibly 9.  Too many execution mistakes.  UC had a man-child at RB that year.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

2 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Henry is wanting to know if he can have his other dog back or make a trade for  Roy's goat.

LRDAO....i garuntee you aint getting my goat.  That thing has been to Michigan and Maryland this year picking up boots for Grider.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 hours ago, rlh said:

He can have Roy's goat and we will throw Roy in with it!

Rlh you are real stupid.  Im not going to live in coalbucket.  You think im joking but im not. 

3 hours ago, rtl112 said:

What other single A team has more than 5?  Only team I can think of would be Trousdale County.  I know they have 10 state titles but some were 2A and one in 3A if I'm not mistaking.

Counting A and 1A together, Trousdale has the most with 6.  We can tie them this year if everything falls into place.  

A/1A champions by school:

1977 Class A Alcoa
1978 Class A Alcoa
1979 Class A Alcoa
1995 Class 1A Battle Ground Academy
2003 Class 1A Boyd Buchanan 
1974 Class A Brentwood Academy
1989 Class A Bruceton Central
2000 Class 1A Christ Presbyterian Academy 
2002 Class 1A Christ Presbyterian Academy 
1988 Class A Donelson Christian Academy
1996 Class 1A Donelson Christian Academy
2004 Class 1A Donelson Christian Academy 
2016 Class 1A Dresden 
1973 Class A Dyer County
1983 Class A Evangelical Christian School
2001 Class 1A Ezell Harding 
1991 Class A Franklin Road Academy
1984 Class A Gordonsville
2012 Class 1A Gordonsville 
1987 Class A Greenback
2017 Class 1A Greenback 
2006 Class 1A Jackson Christian 
1980 Class A Lake County
1985 Class A Lake County
2019 Class 1A Lake County 
1982 Class A Memphis Catholic
2015 Class 1A Nashville Christian 
1992 Class A Oneida
1976 Class A Rockwood
1969 Class A South Pittsburg
1994 Class 1A South Pittsburg
1999 Class 1A South Pittsburg
2007 Class 1A South Pittsburg 
2010 Class 1A South Pittsburg 
1986 Class A Spring Hill
1971 Class A Sweetwater
1972 Class A Sweetwater
1970 Class A Tennessee Preparatory School
1990 Class A Trousdale County
1993 Class 1A Trousdale County
1997 Class 1A Trousdale County
1998 Class 1A Trousdale County
2005 Class 1A Trousdale County 
2008 Class 1A Trousdale County 
2013 Class 1A Union City 
2014 Class 1A Union City 
2009 Class 1A Union City 
1975 Class A Walland
2011 Class 1A Wayne County 
1981 Class A Webb School of Knoxville
2018 Class 1A Whitwell 
Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rlh said:

You haven't heard anyone of the Pirates call you guys paper champions.  That was Greenback and I poked them over that one after the got eliminated.  However, your guys should get on the radio etc. more talking about running the ball down SP's throat. 

I called them paper Champions UNTIL they beat us,then I gave them the respect THEY EARNED THAT NIGHT!

2 hours ago, rlh said:

We ran for 4 or 5 yards a play if I remember correctly. They someone decided to start throwing the Ball. Seems like we had a 4th and 2 at the 2?