Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

I have been reading quite a bit about the Summit QB. At the same time, I think Gibbons will be huge in this game. Oak Ridge has speed on the outside and they will certainly be looking to get the football to those guys in space. Jackson will draw a great deal of attention; so, I am interested to see if 14 is able to make make some plays with his feet and put added pressure on the Summit defense early.

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Most of their yards came after we got up 21 including their TD. They were able to run it on us some, but they had no passing game. Their offense was mostly designed QB runs, a lot of power, Counter etc. Oline was quick but small. In regards to our Twins, Kalib and Liam were very special. We DONT win two State titles without them.They are good friends of mine and I said this a few weeks ago. It’ll be a long time, if ever, that Fountain City sees two players like that again. 

Thanks for info.Yea players like that dont come around much.And besides being good players Ive heard nothing but good things about them.I look forward to watching them at Army.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Former44 said:

I have been reading quite a bit about the Summit QB. At the same time, I think Gibbons will be huge in this game. Oak Ridge has speed on the outside and they will certainly be looking to get the football to those guys in space. Jackson will draw a great deal of attention; so, I am interested to see if 14 is able to make make some plays with his feet and put added pressure on the Summit defense early.

Yes 14 is the key to the Oak Ridge offense.Look how good the offense looked vs West when he was running and on target all over the field.Compare that to the 14 that wasnt running much and was rushing throws vs SD and its like 2 different teams.From outside people think Jackson is key to our offense but he hasnt had the blocking vs decent defenses to be what he can.He is the kind of RB that needs to get going to show his true talent.Its hard to do when he is being hit behind the L.O.S almost every play.44 do u think Miner can come up with a good plan to try and slow down the big time QB a little.

No stopping Destin Wade and Keaton Wade is unblock able wouldn’t be surprised to see him play some offense this game and he’s just as scary with the ball as his brother. This team is hungry from what happend last year and have the experience. This team is one drive from being undefeated currently . Only loss was to a 6A Franklin who made it to the quarterfinals of the 6A playoffs. Both Beech and Henry County had very good defenses and destin bullied both of them .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gosummit12345 said:

No stopping Destin Wade and Keaton Wade is unblock able wouldn’t be surprised to see him play some offense this game and he’s just as scary with the ball as his brother. This team is hungry from what happend last year and have the experience. This team is one drive from being undefeated currently . Only loss was to a 6A Franklin who made it to the quarterfinals of the 6A playoffs. Both Beech and Henry County had very good defenses and destin bullied both of them .

Oak Ridge will respect the Wade twins.

13 hours ago, 2011Class said:

Looking at summit i honestly think OR west SD central and maybe even Powell would give them fits. OR to me has faced tougher competition 

I made the comment to my son in the stands at last year's game that the above mentioned would have all beaten Summit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, guthook said:

Are we to understand that you've had this account since 2014 and the sole purpose for it's existence is to express your disdain for Oak Ridge?  Where do you find the time? 

Lol. The sad life of a loser. Like Bounder said a few days ago though, just ignore him. He’s obviously starving for attention. As long as he’s hating, it means we’re doing good. I’m glad he can vicariously live through our football program. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1