1A 2021

lakecounty1968

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Ok.I Was just asking a question?.As for those defense stats was it against Perry Co, Middleton,etc.Just didn't think he had done much as a head coach but could be wrong.

I knew this question would get asked, and it is a fair question. However, Bruceton was in the same region with Perry County and Middleton. With that being said, they have to play those two teams. Are they two bad football teams? Yes. Is it fair to penalized Bruceton to having a unique stat? In my book, no.

Now, if Middleton and Perry County were both non-district opponents, that's a different story.

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

You just said Bruceton Was the ONLY west TN team to do it , unless I read it wrong which is possible 

You did read it wrong. Bruceton was the only team in West Tennessee that allowed <20 points in a game, in the regular season. Now, I haven't looked at all the schedules from last year, and I'm not going to. It's a pretty incredible stat that is hard to obtain all season. Peabody allowed 21 to McKenzie. 

8 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You did read it wrong. Bruceton was the only team in West Tennessee that allowed <20 points in a game, in the regular season. Now, I haven't looked at all the schedules from last year, and I'm not going to. It's a pretty incredible stat that is hard to obtain all season. Peabody allowed 21 to McKenzie. 

Depends on who you are playing too. 

26 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Depends on who you are playing too. 

Yes, it does depend on who you play. But if y'all are going to bark at Bruceton for playing Perry County and Middleton, then I'm going to bark at Peabody for playing Liberty (a winless football team that score 10+ points in 1 of 9 games), Halls (a one win football team that scored 15 points all year in games other than Humboldt. A team that's been shutout in half of their games), and Gibson County (a one win football team that defeated Halls).

I'll throw this out there, too. Bruceton did play Huntingdon last year. The Mustangs averaged 29 points on offense the two weeks prior to playing Bruceton. The last time Huntingdon was held to 6 or fewer in a game? Milan shut them out back in 2014.

48 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It absolutely is !

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yes, it does depend on who you play. But if y'all are going to bark at Bruceton for playing Perry County and Middleton, then I'm going to bark at Peabody for playing Liberty (a winless football team that score 10+ points in 1 of 9 games), Halls (a one win football team that scored 15 points all year in games other than Humboldt. A team that's been shutout in half of their games), and Gibson County (a one win football team that defeated Halls).

I'll throw this out there, too. Bruceton did play Huntingdon last year. The Mustangs averaged 29 points on offense the two weeks prior to playing Bruceton. The last time Huntingdon was held to 6 or fewer in a game? Milan shut them out back in 2014.

B032F5B0-2BEB-48BB-A77D-8B668AF056FD.jpeg.c4d14bde1ebf411c450841cf83dcb468.jpeg

16 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Get to see the Rebels for my first time tonight in 7 v 7 here at Bethel. Will try to give a report tomorrow. 

Well....calling it like I see it. We got some work to do and I know its early.  Our receivers dropped way too many balls...in 7 v 7.  Henry County sort of had their way with us.  Had some blown assignments in the secondary but that is too be expected early with having to replace some players. 

Here is a HUGE bright note.  I am standing their talking to one of our Assistant Principals and "Cassidy" threw a freaking rope 30 plus yards down the field, hit the receiver in the hands and he drops it.  I look at the AP and said, "Jackson can't throw it any better than that."  AP looks at me and says, "That's Surber".  I said no way!  He said yeah. I said WOW!  The youngest Surber is now a freshman.  Great arm and good mobility.  He did make some "freshman" throws but no questioning his arm strength and mobility. 

20 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

He's done more than what you think. He's responsible for the defense (hint: moving to the defensive coordinator position). 

I have to look at this deeper. But, to my knowledge, there's only one team in West Tennessee that has allowed fewer than 20 points in each regular season game. That team is Bruceton. How about that as a trivia question?

He went 4-4 in the regular season last year, but a point differential of +77. If his offense were to score a touchdown in the games against Greenfield and Huntingdon, and were to win those two games, he is sitting at 6-2 record. The tables turn at that point.

For a 1A school that has sub average facilities, knowing players could bounce and make the short drive to Huntingdon or Camden, he has a respectable group of players that play hard. 

His teams always play hard there's no doubt about that. But seeing them over the years it always seems like they have a few kids out of place or should be better than what they actually we're. Especially when they had the Johnson kid and Kaelin Willis before him. And yes they absolutely have subpar facilities and weights etc that I've seen and used  firsthand. But why? Those communities over there love ball while I know they're not rolling in the money I'm sure they do their part not to mention a wealth alum donating seven figures to the team and the NFL matching it. I know a couple million doesn't buy you the world but I didn't notice any major upgrades to the field or facilities in general. I remember for a few years they had really nice uniforms and helmets but that's about it. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, VOLnWTN said:

Well....calling it like I see it. We got some work to do and I know its early.  Our receivers dropped way too many balls...in 7 v 7.  Henry County sort of had their way with us.  Had some blown assignments in the secondary but that is too be expected early with having to replace some players. 

Here is a HUGE bright note.  I am standing their talking to one of our Assistant Principals and "Cassidy" threw a freaking rope 30 plus yards down the field, hit the receiver in the hands and he drops it.  I look at the AP and said, "Jackson can't throw it any better than that."  AP looks at me and says, "That's Surber".  I said no way!  He said yeah. I said WOW!  The youngest Surber is now a freshman.  Great arm and good mobility.  He did make some "freshman" throws but no questioning his arm strength and mobility. 

I would say the rebels have an outstanding backup QB.  I saw him a couple of times vs the mustangs in 7 vs 7 and didn’t see much difference in arm strength between the two QBs. 

• Like 1