State Dual Predictions

GoTNwrestling

1 hour ago, CoachKramer said:

I’m in. Let’s set it up for next season 

You have earned some influence so maybe you would be able to persuade the other schools to put everyone back together in one division for a true State Champion.  Everyone knows that the population in Tennessee is not large enough for 3 or even 2 state champions in wrestling.  

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

you are correct. i fixed it. for some reason i thought they were 3rd. also, Centennial in 2019 was also 4th

Centennial didn't do to bad in 2020 either making it to the top 6 following a 4th place in 2019. So between aa and aaa Wilco has been representing pretty well lately. Big congrats to Summit and Fairview this year on great seasons. 

• Like 1

Williamson County for sure has represented the Mid-State well for years. From Franklin winning its state title to Wilson Central being a top notch team and the other few that have made a good show at the duals like Ravenwood, Indy and now Summit. Of course Mr. Miller knows how to get things done he’s been a winner just like his father so it’s to be expected. I expect big things from Summit and continual top notch wrestling from Wilson Central also. 

3 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Williamson County for sure has represented the Mid-State well for years. From Franklin winning its state title to Wilson Central being a top notch team and the other few that have made a good show at the duals like Ravenwood, Indy and now Summit. Of course Mr. Miller knows how to get things done he’s been a winner just like his father so it’s to be expected. I expect big things from Summit and continual top notch wrestling from Wilson Central also. 

Wilson Central is in Wilson County

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Wilson Central is in Wilson County

Good to know, I don’t care anything about the mid-state so I didn’t look it up to see what county they belong in. Either way the mid state has caught up and been wrestling very well, just wished my Soddy boys would get back there. Kind of sucks to see 2 schools 4 miles apart be so dang dominant of TN wrestling since the 90’s first with Bradley and now back to Cleveland. 

46 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Good to know, I don’t care anything about the mid-state so I didn’t look it up to see what county they belong in. Either way the mid state has caught up and been wrestling very well, just wished my Soddy boys would get back there. Kind of sucks to see 2 schools 4 miles apart be so dang dominant of TN wrestling since the 90’s first with Bradley and now back to Cleveland. 

Next season may be one of the very best seasons in wrestling that Tennessee has had in quite sometime. Wilson could finally be the one to knock our region off. Of course I'm sure Cleveland is loaded behind this senior class and will have something to say about that as well. It's finally good to see another region stepping up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Next season may be one of the very best seasons in wrestling that Tennessee has had in quite sometime. Wilson could finally be the one to knock our region off. Of course I'm sure Cleveland is loaded behind this senior class and will have something to say about that as well. It's finally good to see another region stepping up.

And Summit only graduates a couple. Their incoming middle schoolers are just as deadly as the freshman beating seniors now. They’re gonna be even better next year.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Wrestling is on the rise across the state for sure.  Competition levels and sport priority will continue to shift towards wrestling instead of just BB or FB.  TN kids seem to be competing more often and placing more frequently on the national stage.  Personally think its great to see disparity in competition levels diminish across divisions and across geographies in our state.  Great for the sport and great for our state.  Maybe our growth and competition level will get more TN colleges starting wrestling programs.  The talent is here.  The coaching is here.  Fun times to be a wrestler, wrestling parent, and fan in this state. 

Edited by Biffmar4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

And Summit only graduates a couple. Their incoming middle schoolers are just as deadly as the freshman beating seniors now. They’re gonna be even better next year.

Very true, they have a bunch of freshman coming up that are going to be making a ton of noise next year (easily 5 if not more) Their middle school team has been one of the top in the state for the past few years if not longer. 

• Upvote 2