Pin-TN rankings

WrestlingGod

4 hours ago, PackMentality said:

That’s crazy to think one of those kids won’t make State.  All 3 very good.

it’s crazy to think one of them won’t MEDAL, let alone make the tournament. TSSAA is a joke. they don’t care one bit about wrestling. 

I know it would never happen..but if they won’t do sub state, it would be cool to have an allotment for each weight for each region. kinda like the NCAA does with the amount of qualies each conference gets each year. 

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

it’s crazy to think one of them won’t MEDAL, let alone make the tournament. TSSAA is a joke. they don’t care one bit about wrestling. 

I know it would never happen..but if they won’t do sub state, it would be cool to have an allotment for each weight for each region. kinda like the NCAA does with the amount of qualies each conference gets each year. 

No disrespect but what would you guys have done if the rules were as follows:

1. No divisions and everyone was back together

2. Only the top 4 from each district qualified for the region and the top 4 from each region qualified for the state tournament

3.  Each weight classification was a 16 man bracket

4.  No double elimination in the district, region or state tournament.  It was a carry tournament and if you lost and the man that defeated you does not make the finals you are eliminated

5.  Only the top 4 in each weight classification place in the district, region and state tournament

Be happy that you have it much better than the trailblazers that came before you.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cbg said:

2. Only the top 4 from each district qualified for the region and the top 4 from each region qualified for the state tournament

4.  No double elimination in the district, region or state tournament.  It was a carry tournament and if you lost and the man that defeated you does not make the finals you are eliminated

5.  Only the top 4 in each weight classification place in the district, region and state tournament

Be happy that you have it much better than the trailblazers that came before you.  

PREACH!!!

12 minutes ago, cbg said:

you got me in the carry through. worst thing ever.

however i do think it would be better to have a district and then top 4 go to regions and then top 4 go to state. the 32 man bracket is watered down at most weights every year. an extra sub state step and a 16 man bracket would create better competition i think and a better overall state tournament. that’s just my opinion though. 

11 minutes ago, cbg said:

Ha ... was it also uphill both ways to practice?  The level of wrestling in TN is way better than it was then.  Heck, it’s way better than it was 5-10 years ago.

20 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

you got me in the carry through. worst thing ever.

however i do think it would be better to have a district and then top 4 go to regions and then top 4 go to state. the 32 man bracket is watered down at most weights every year. an extra sub state step and a 16 man bracket would create better competition i think and a better overall state tournament. that’s just my opinion though. 

That is what is going to happen next year

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I’m old, placed in an 8 man state at 185 in 72. It was an honor to be there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Edited by noonesfool

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Great format, my favorite.

Edited by noonesfool

1 hour ago, cbg said:

No offense but there were near the level of wrestling as there is now or even 20-25 years ago. I’ve talked to a few guys like Jabo that before he passed said he would have had a hard time even placing and yet he was a 3 timer in his day. There’s just no comparison from those days to today in pretty much any sport from wrestling/football/baseball. Do I think it’s easier to win a state title now or place? Yes I do, that happened as soon as the private public split happened and got even worse after A/AA was added. However the top level guys now would have crushed most of the high level guys from back in the day. Now as far as follow your man, that was a very crazy rule that never made sense. I got lucky my senior year was winning and got caught and stuck. Luckily my guy got to the semis and I moved on, many other guys didn’t get so lucky. Of course even in McC gym in Chatt they had enough time to do double elimination but we had to give everyone hours of free time in between sessions.