Blue Cross Bowl Bids

chs1984

Vanderbilt was the best spot.  It seemed more like an event and a spectacle.  There were some big crowds at that venue.  MTSU was second just because of central location but parking was an issue.  Cookeville just does not have that same atmosphere.   

I think Chattanooga would be fun to try for a few years.  It’s a good city.  

• Upvote 1

You got to get the people that own the stadiums to want you there and right now most of them don't! UT doesn't want to rent Neyland stadium, doesn't seem like MTSU and Murfreesboro do either. We know Vanderbilt want too much rent and who wants to go to Memphis except to maybe eat some good Que! 

Now that I've hacked everyone off, prove me wrong. 

8 hours ago, bounder said:

You got to get the people that own the stadiums to want you there and right now most of them don't! UT doesn't want to rent Neyland stadium, doesn't seem like MTSU and Murfreesboro do either. We know Vanderbilt want too much rent and who wants to go to Memphis except to maybe eat some good Que! 

Now that I've hacked everyone off, prove me wrong. 

Truth!!!

I know it’s not ideal geographically speaking but they should really consider giving  Chattanooga a try. Why not? They have played it at most of these other places and apparently Murfreesboro (IMO the best choice) just isn’t interested for whatever reason. Vanderbilt (the 2nd best choice IMO) also doesn’t seem interested and it’s never gonna happen in Knoxville as long as UT has grass. Max Finley Stadium Chattanooga would be a great venue for these games with a seating capacity of just over 20,000. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

You can't alternate when cities dont want it. It's good for Cookeville but it's not worth it to any of the major cities considering none of the games will draw 10k. Chattanooga putting in a bid suprises me, but after being shut out from all the major championships, I'm sure they're desperate to get back in

Very true and this is part of the problem why the state games aren't bigger draws. Even casual fans of a school would be much more likely to go if the game was in an iconic stadium like neyland or even lp