2021 Marion County

Bushog02

On 3/17/2021 at 1:14 PM, Bushog02 said:

Hearing they’re changing offense and defense this year. Hope it don’t bite them in the butt on offense but need to get away from 3-4 defense 

I can see why you would want to change Defenses if you have more depth at the line and having to replace 3 linebackers, so by going to an even front you basically now only have to replace 2 of the 3 so that makes sense, but you still have to have 5 offensive linemen regardless, so what type scheme are they thinking they are better suited for on offense?

1 hour ago, Headhunter42 said:

I can see why you would want to change Defenses if you have more depth at the line and having to replace 3 linebackers, so by going to an even front you basically now only have to replace 2 of the 3 so that makes sense, but you still have to have 5 offensive linemen regardless, so what type scheme are they thinking they are better suited for on offense?

Depth on the line this year is pretty deep and that’s not counting the up coming freshmen’s. Heavy load on offense some plays we got 700 pounds in the back field. 315, 220, and 200. Change the defense so your linebackers can run free instead of worrying about taking on a linemen to make a play 

14 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Depth on the line this year is pretty deep and that’s not counting the up coming freshmen’s. Heavy load on offense some plays we got 700 pounds in the back field. 315, 220, and 200. Change the defense so your linebackers can run free instead of worrying about taking on a linemen to make a play 

You may have just found your 3 linebackers.  The same as your offensive backfield

1 hour ago, Bushog02 said:

So your saying they are going to be in some form of Power I, Wing I, basically an I Formations coming downhill(Dive, Power, Toss, Counter) type stuff.  Cant see the benefit of running east and west with kids the sizes you mentioned but if they still have that fast kid that sometimes played QB/RB then I could see them running some midline/Veer type stuff.  Be interesting to see how it shakes out, I thought they did a decent job of getting outside last year, looks like they going to pound a little more inside this year.