Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

21 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Actually, this is the year I predicted McMinn Central would have a shot at going back to the Boro.  They return all but one.  They will have 4 seniors that will see significant playing time.  3 of those have played on varsity since freshman year, and the other was moved to varsity towards of the end of her freshman season.  They return an all state freshman and another freshman that played significantly last year.  They lost by 10 to the eventual state champions Macon County, in a great sub state game.  

Yeah I seen that. McMinn Central is always knocking on the door. Always there. Johnny is a great coach and a good guy. I have met him multiple times.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Things are defiantly lined up for a run next year.   

From just listening to posts in this thread, I look for a lot of lower scoring games this season. Gibson County loses no one as well and we’re holding teams to mid 30’s up until state and they allowed 43 there. There will be some big time defense I would bet and lower scoring games.

21 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Actually, this is the year I predicted McMinn Central would have a shot at going back to the Boro.  They return all but one.  They will have 4 seniors that will see significant playing time.  3 of those have played on varsity since freshman year, and the other was moved to varsity towards of the end of her freshman season.  They return an all state freshman and another freshman that played significantly last year.  They lost by 10 to the eventual state champions Macon County, in a great sub state game.  

I agree and I think they will have a chance to win it. I also think Meigs will surprise people this season, I think they will have a chance to get the 2 seed in district and region.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:04 AM, pioneer42 said:

I would say Loretto, Summertown, Gibson County, Westview, Meigs County, South Green and McMinn Central and I may be missing some teams not intentional but these teams traditionally are in the mix. Will say Loretto will be strong even losing Kinsey Weathers and Tidwell. Summertown takes a bigger hit losing Jones, Campbell, Brasier, Long and I think another in the rotation but they will be tough with younger Campbell, Burlson and Burdette as a core group. Westview will be losing the Lehue twins and Gordon I believe but has a good Jr High group and always reloads as they will have Harrison and the post back. Gibson County is losing no one. They always seem to get better and develop talent so I expect them to be tough. Defensively they will be lights out but will have to handle ball pressure better and be better in the half court. Gibson County, Westview, Summertown and Loretto whoever the two are that comes out of that pack will be tough in the Boro. Do think Summertown has more to rebuild than the other three. Right now Loretto would be the team to beat because they are the champs and have a great core and some help coming. They say McMinn Central has a good young squad. I would have Loretto number 1 and Gibson County, Westview, McMinn Central and Summertown in the mix in no particular order.

Our girl Burleson got setback and needs additional surgery out another 4-6 weeks 

9 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Our girl Burleson got setback and needs additional surgery out another 4-6 weeks 

I didn’t know she had the first surgery. Knew she had a bad knee late in the season and didn’t play the minutes that she normally would get and that hurt y’all. What was the surgery??

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I didn’t know she had the first surgery. Knew she had a bad knee late in the season and didn’t play the minutes that she normally would get and that hurt y’all. What was the surgery??

Don’t know mom just said 1st one was small tear 2nd medial ligament problem / she was on State winning volleyball team so will miss her there for a while also 

• 1 month later...

Went to Mckenzie's team camp yesterday and saw some pretty good ball. Playing at Bethel I saw Huntingdon, South Gibson, West Carroll, Trinity Christian and McKenzie. Huntingdon has no seniors and can't take care of the ball. Very long team. Can put 4 six-footers on the floor. Young guards are gonna have to step it up. West Carroll had 3 starters out but looked to be better than last year. South Gibson is young but played pretty well. New coach is a homerun hire. Look for her to do really in Medina. Very impressed with her coaching skills. TCA still has their big 3 but their talent drops off pretty quick. Will win a bunch of games. McKenzie is as good a single A team as I've seen in these parts in a long time. So fast and athletic. They have 7 or 8 players that are very good led by Savannah Davis and the Reynolds sisters who are simply outstanding basketball players. I dont know if anybody in these parts can beat them.

6 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Went to Mckenzie's team camp yesterday and saw some pretty good ball. Playing at Bethel I saw Huntingdon, South Gibson, West Carroll, Trinity Christian and McKenzie. Huntingdon has no seniors and can't take care of the ball. Very long team. Can put 4 six-footers on the floor. Young guards are gonna have to step it up. West Carroll had 3 starters out but looked to be better than last year. South Gibson is young but played pretty well. New coach is a homerun hire. Look for her to do really in Medina. Very impressed with her coaching skills. TCA still has their big 3 but their talent drops off pretty quick. Will win a bunch of games. McKenzie is as good a single A team as I've seen in these parts in a long time. So fast and athletic. They have 7 or 8 players that are very good led by Savannah Davis and the Reynolds sisters who are simply outstanding basketball players. I dont know if anybody in these parts can beat them.

McKenzie needs a post IMO but I agree they are really good. I still don’t think they can beat Gibson County day in day out because of that. South Gibson learns how to play fast 94 feet they will be good. They have the athleticism and the speed. They just need to be turned loose. I watched Gibson County beat a good Riverside, AR team by 25 without four girls in their rotation a couple of weeks ago. Look for them to have a couple off the bench that didn’t play in the state to start or play a lot. I have watched both of them play and they are playing well. Gibson County has to have more consistent play at guard and help our PG out to win state. Our Freshman PG was the most consistent guard we had last year. They played well at times but played really bad at times and that has to change. Not a knock on them just reality. I do think they will have the players and depth this year to hold players more accountable when they start hurting the team. And I am not talking about scoring either. It’s ball handling. We shot terrible against North Green, 2-20 from 3 point land, and still only got beat at the buzzer and had 17 TO’s, 8 or 9 in the 4th with a 9 point lead. We handle the ball we win the game probably by double digits because our defense is that solid.

Edited by pioneer42

On 4/16/2021 at 7:10 AM, Dadof2 said:

I agree and I think they will have a chance to win it. I also think Meigs will surprise people this season, I think they will have a chance to get the 2 seed in district and region.

Going through the Region 4 teams is always a battle in substate, but this should be Central's best chance to do well in State in many, many years.
I definitely think Meigs has a solid chance to be the 2nd best team in the District for sure, and probably the Region. Depends on how well the new head coach handles her new duties.