Greenback 2021

orngnblk

5 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Nations #1 recruit Walter Nolan lands at Powell to finish out his senior year. :o The rich get even richer! 

Nolan is following Marlon Walls who I think will be on Powell’s staff. I’m glad Nolan will be so close to TN. Rodney Garner will be able to visit a lot easier now.

18 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Nolan is following Marlon Walls who I think will be on Powell’s staff. I’m glad Nolan will be so close to TN. Rodney Garner will be able to visit a lot easier now.

Garner has worked a miracle for Heupel and Tennessee on the recruitment on Nolan. Tennessee wasn’t even in his top 8 and now it’s lookin more and more that he will be a Vol!

2 hours ago, Shadroach said:

My opinion is his father has him ranked a D1 prospect which he is certainly not. He is a solid bread and butter small school player. I would also add the departure of Coach Ryan is a factor as well.  The player will likely return next year.

He cant without a hardship.Gilbert tried and they denied him also.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Gilbert may have been a deciding factor for y’all’s repeat bid. He was a man on the field. 

No doubt.He won MVP in the 2A title game in VA on one leg,hurt his knee midway thru season and still couldnt be brought down by one kid.He was +14 to 21 points for us on offense and defense.Man among boys!Willis going down against Coalfield was the deciding factor tho,if we have Willis at Whitwell we win it.With him and Gilbert we blow everyone out.Just our time for bad luck I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No doubt.He won MVP in the 2A title game in VA on one leg,hurt his knee midway thru season and still couldnt be brought down by one kid.He was +14 to 21 points for us on offense and defense.Man among boys!Willis going down against Coalfield was the deciding factor tho,if we have Willis at Whitwell we win it.With him and Gilbert we blow everyone out.Just our time for bad luck I guess.

Yep those 2 were difference makers. Good team without them but head and shoulders better with them.

3 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Disagree on Willis. He was a freak in 1A  but maybe just above average in 5-6A. As far as the State Championship game GB was dominated on both sides of the ball and faced a team that wanted it more than them. Willis was a non-factor the whole game. The box scores do not lie.

Not trying to call anybody out but also can't let history be revised either. 20+ other players were on the field that day and it is absurd to say one player made the difference between victory and defeat.

I think he is referring to the 2018 year in which they lost the Whitwell semifinal game. 

36 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Disagree on Willis. He was a freak in 1A  but maybe just above average in 5-6A. As far as the State Championship game GB was dominated on both sides of the ball and faced a team that wanted it more than them. Willis was a non-factor the whole game. The box scores do not lie.

Not trying to call anybody out but also can't let history be revised either. 20+ other players were on the field that day and it is absurd to say one player made the difference between victory and defeat.

There are a lot of above average players in 5A-6A every year that don’t go on to play at division 1 schools also. Like you said, can’t let history be revised. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadroach said:

That kid was a freak. Very good player.  How is The Back looking this year?

2 hours ago, sum1uno said:

I think he is referring to the 2018 year in which they lost the Whitwell semifinal game. 

This!Was in no way referring to 2019 outmanned out gunned!AGAINST WHITWELL with him we win that game!he WAS that good in our division,the kid that replaced him hadnt played all year and just wasnt in game shape much less SEMI FINAL game shape,never referenced 5A nor 6A although he would have been very good there also.2019 he had a good supporting cast in the kid from WB and Duggan the eighth grader.Just not enough for a Great LC team!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

That kid was a freak. Very good player.  How is The Back looking this year?

We have a Very good Meigs team coming in Fri at 6:30 to show us what we have or dont have.Supposed to be a game type scrimmage.I just hope we dont get any major injuries.We are young---VERY young.3 or 4 Srs and 3 Jrs.Also just 3 Freshman if I heard correctly.(Lost our best returning skill player to Alcoa).Have near 30 total.Most are Sophomore and Eighth graders.I heard a few Eighth graders will play alot.Line play has me worried no depth at all.Have a very good TB that played injured most of the year and was moved to the QB position but will be returning to TB with Workman a Sophomore that will be outstanding if he can stay healthy.We have a new unproven Coach,so we are flying blind.Excited but also kinda worried.

• Like 1