Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

10 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Just a couple of thoughts from an outsider.

1 some Peabody fans have said that they don't want to play Dyersburg Friday because they don't have time to prepare for the game. Did you guys not practice Monday and Tuesday? Do you realize that Dyersburg would be in the same situation so it all balances out?

2 does Peabody have a bunch of players that are not going to be able to play because of injury or are at less than 100% because of a nagging injury? Every team has nagging injuries. I've watched both Peabody videos and I haven't seen anybody suffering injury that was serious or season ending.

3  I strongly feel that Peabody would be the favorite in a ball game against Dyersburg. I think your coaching staff alone is worth 10 points a ball game.

4 this game would make for a standing room only crowd. It would be a license to print and it could very well be the game of the week in the entire state.

5 canceling the game between Peabody and Dyersburg cheats the players from both teams from memories that could potentially last a lifetime if the game were to live up to its billing.

6 there are high school teams all over the state that have a murderer's row schedule at some point this season. What better way for Peabody to show on the field that they are one of the state's elite than by taking on Dyersburg with short notice and going out and winning the game like I think they would. I would be willing to bet if you polled the members of the Peabody team, they would be ready willing and able to play Dyersburg.

This rambling has been just one outsiders opinion who would like to see a great ball game between two teams who need an opponent. I think it will be an even matchup.

/endthread 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Y'all basically have double the student body of lake county. So they shouldn't play?

We have 376 not 510 lake is 255 but I see your point ! Just a choice the coach’s made and as a community we supports them ! Glad to see WC most definitely should be playing meaningful ball again late in the year ! 

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

We have 376 not 510 lake is 255 but I see your point ! Just a choice the coach’s made and as a community we supports them ! Glad to see WC most definitely should be playing meaningful ball again late in the year ! 

I get what you're saying but at the same time it just seems like Peabody is looking for the path of least resistance. Winning 3 state titles in a row then dropping down now taking what seems to be the most formidable opponent remaining off the schedule entirely? Not a good look. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Lake county has 210 according to the school count, so Peabody is roughly 40 students shy of doubling Lake county up. And they (LC) want to play.