Ya'll hear about Oakland??

ttitan27

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Make it Saturday then. Played Brentwood on short notice last year and that seemed to turn out well. Oakland would actually have the advantage bc neither LA or PC play anybody that run the Wing-T. 48 hours to prepare for that offense would be a nightmare scenario

Bad part is Dilfer probably has never seen it before 

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland has never won at Maryville, so it goes both ways

I'm hoping this is the year Oakland can get past that being that IF they matchup again in the playoffs it would be at Maryville this year.  If memory serves me, the games at Maryville have all been close ones and the games at Oakland have been blowouts in recent history.

40 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I'm hoping this is the year Oakland can get past that being that IF they matchup again in the playoffs it would be at Maryville this year.  If memory serves me, the games at Maryville have all been close ones and the games at Oakland have been blowouts in recent history.

12-0 was sure close.... Could have been worse.

59 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

We like playing them at home. I don't care if we beat them by one point on a last second hail Mary.  

The last four seasons, the winner has gone on to be State Champions. 

Playoff Meetings                                                                               Regular Season Meetings

2020 Oakland - 6A State Champions 

2019 Maryville - 6A State Champions

2018 Oakland - 6A State Champions                                                               Maryville wins at Maryville 24-21

2017 Maryville - 6A State Champions                                                              Oakland wins at Oakland 17-14

2016 Oakland - 6A Runner Up

2015 Maryville - 6A Runner Up

2014 Maryville - 6A State Champions

• Like 1