Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

39 minutes ago, SEVEN said:

I'm going to predict it will be closer than most are thinking. I don't see a running clock. Honestly I hope it's close. Gets old seeing them mercy rule just about every opponent on the schedule. I haven't been over to Ray Hughes and a couple of years, but plan on making this one.

They've got new carpet and a big screen TV.

FWIW. Milan scrimmaged LA this year and they reminded me a lot like Alcoa with a better passing game talent wise.  Granted it was a scrimmage but they had talent all over field. They didn’t really have a lot play both ways from what it looked like but not great numbers.  I saw Oakland when they played on tv against the MS team and they can definitely match LA. I think their depth will ultimately take over. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

FWIW. Milan scrimmaged LA this year and they reminded me a lot like Alcoa with a better passing game talent wise.  Granted it was a scrimmage but they had talent all over field. They didn’t really have a lot play both ways from what it looked like but not great numbers.  I saw Oakland when they played on tv against the MS team and they can definitely match LA. I think their depth will ultimately take over. Just my opinion.

I'm really wanting to see Milan play this year at home but schedules don't align unfortunately.   PA guy for Milan is lifelong best friend and I usually make it to at least one a year.   Really wanting to see the new lights and scoreboard.   

10 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I'm really wanting to see Milan play this year at home but schedules don't align unfortunately.   PA guy for Milan is lifelong best friend and I usually make it to at least one a year.   Really wanting to see the new lights and scoreboard.   

Yea they really have put on all the bells and whistles to our stadium. Looks great. He does a good job getting our crowd going. Now we just need to win a few games.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Oakland will win by a minimum of 3 TDs. I Concede that DL has done a great job recruiting some of the best athletes in the state, but they are not in the talent league with Oakland. The irony is the Oakland has had several transfers from private schools over the las few years. 

I'm glad you mentioned that transfers and move ins are happening at all of the top programs.  The families that are moving in are visiting each program and making a decision in their best interest.  Nashville is a magnet and we have great schools in both public and private.

This is going to be a fascinating match-up.  Can someone expand on the Oakland D?  I saw 3 undersized DL and 8 fast linebackers as a description in an earlier post.  What is their offensive mix between James and Horton?    Lipscomb will likely put up points, but can Oakland control the game with a CPA style?