So the ship lost it's captain????

CougarDadx2

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

From an outsider looking in who knows nothing about CJ personally.I would almost bet that he had great intentions coming in and more than likely wanted to lead his alma mater, but again if you’ve ever reached the pinnacle of any profession as he has, you also long for those challenges / money.

There is lots of blame to be thrown around here and definitely I would say this man has a lot of it to bare, but whomever does the hiring up there has his or her fair share also.

There is a reason why people don’t hire CEO’s to be custodians… it’s called over qualified and they realize that the custodian job is probably not going to challenge the person enough mentally or award them enough financially!

The hire should have never taken place! 

In the end karma always rears its ugly head.  In fact, I believe it is to maybe cause people to have a little more humility.  It may or may not happen.  Just go back to when Ross left mc to join the mccallie staff with less responsibility, double his pay and a place for his son to go to school.  Look back at all the ribbing that took place from little brother.  Same. Exact.  Situation. I don't remember if anyone from mc ever asked it to be shut down.  Hate it for the kids but they are resilient, they will still end up in chattanooga in December.  Ross was a mover, Jones has been a mover.  Bottom line though, Ross improved things while he was here but he didn't leave in the middle of the night.

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

From an outsider looking in who knows nothing about CJ personally.I would almost bet that he had great intentions coming in and more than likely wanted to lead his alma mater, but again if you’ve ever reached the pinnacle of any profession as he has, you also long for those challenges / money.

There is lots of blame to be thrown around here and definitely I would say this man has a lot of it to bare, but whomever does the hiring up there has his or her fair share also.

There is a reason why people don’t hire CEO’s to be custodians… it’s called over qualified and they realize that the custodian job is probably not going to challenge the person enough mentally or award them enough financially!

The hire should have never taken place! 

It’s funny you say that because who made the hire made it then retired right after.  

• Upvote 1

Bible would have been hung out to dry if he hadn't made the CJ hire.  

Think about it.  Who wouldn't pull the trigger on that hire?  Especially given the FACT he wanted the job, said it was his dream job, had a 10 year plan,  and told folks he would never leave for money.  

Guess what?   He was hired and rightfully so.  Now he's no longer our coach.

Good luck Chris in Canada.  I appreciate the talks we had in your office one on one. 

We have Coach Wesley Stone now guiding us. Along with Heath.  We're in good hands. Everyone just needs to come together,  get to work and let's play some Pirate football!

46 on 2 !!

GO PIRATES!

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

In the end karma always rears its ugly head.  In fact, I believe it is to maybe cause people to have a little more humility.  It may or may not happen.  Just go back to when Ross left mc to join the mccallie staff with less responsibility, double his pay and a place for his son to go to school.  Look back at all the ribbing that took place from little brother.  Same. Exact.  Situation. I don't remember if anyone from mc ever asked it to be shut down.  Hate it for the kids but they are resilient, they will still end up in chattanooga in December.  Ross was a mover, Jones has been a mover.  Bottom line though, Ross improved things while he was here but he didn't leave in the middle of the night.

Everybody can dish it, but there are only few who can eat the humble pie. :hungry: 

Guess some just don't have that acquired taste.

57 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

No it was not the same exact situation.  Ross Ricki literally too the job at SP and bolted up to Jasper after Spring Practice. 

4 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Everybody can dish it, but there are only few who can eat the humble pie. :hungry: 

Guess some just don't have that acquired taste.

You would be looking at it differently if Ross Ricki had come to Jasper in the Spring and bolted to SP over the summer.  All of that was following the Mac McKrylon stuff.  Jasper wouldn't know humble if it stumbled over it.

29 minutes ago, rlh said:

No it was not the same exact situation.  Ross Ricki literally too the job at SP and bolted up to Jasper after Spring Practice. 

Actually Ross didn't come to Marion after leaving sp. He went to Georgia for 1 season as a DC for Mary Persons High School. He applied for the job here and got it. Ross has always jumped around and more than likely always will.

16 minutes ago, rlh said:

You would be looking at it differently if Ross Ricki had come to Jasper in the Spring and bolted to SP over the summer.  All of that was following the Mac McKrylon stuff.  Jasper wouldn't know humble if it stumbled over it.

Seems like a nerve was struck. You might want to go back 5 or 6 pages and read my post on the current situation. Don't think I threw any childish jabs and I actually gave support and words of encouragement. I don't blame the kids, parents, or community for being upset about Chris bolting. Geno makes good points for Chris but I'm in the camp of if you start something, then see it through till the end. Every man needs to do what is in the best interest of himself and his family. If you guys should be mad at anybody, blame the genius that even considered him for the job.

As for the Ross remark, if I found out he bolted because he didn't have full freedom to operate the football program as he wished then I couldn't be mad at that. If you are going to hire a man for the job, let him do the job and give him the support needed for him to be successful. 

That's neither here nor there. My post was in reference to the comments I highlighted in bold from TTP's post. Anytime MC has feel on hard times, SP has had their fun with it and rightfully so. However, it seems when the Pirates come across some hiccups, the threads are asked to be shut down or laws/legal stuff gets brought into the discussion to discourage anybody from commenting on the thread. Just my opinion.

One last thing, I've been a Marion County fan for quite some time. I've seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, if anybody knows humble we do. That is if they are living in reality. I think you fellas are the ones that wouldn't know what humble was if hit you in the face. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Haha and now they will realize it and a Few “jail house” comments will be dropped and all heck will flow between the 2 fan bases, and all will be right with the Coach T world !!!!!!

Little healing goes a long way. Would have been good for them to have played the game.