TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

7 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Yes sir very physical football team and playing H2O, Meigs, and Peabody those last three games will do that to you. Even with all the injuries still almost pulled off the comeback.

I guess that is why I am disappointed this year. We are not conditioned well enough to keep up physicality for 4 Q's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I totally agree on canning the drunk idiot act that’s been going on in the corner for 50 years. That’s not new. I don’t have a clue about a petition. I’m sure it’s some of the usual Facebook suspects. 

It's a website with a petition to have Blake removed because he has only made it to the semifinals 4 times lol. That was started by someone with a fake name that wasn't 100 signaturehi it's some spineless parent or fan that has a grudge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

It's easy to judge from the outside looking in but the man is 32-6 in 3 yrs and those 6 losses by a combined 20 pts and half of that was Friday night. I'm guessing there's something else that's causing some of the fans to be wanting a change. Hopefully you guys get it all sorted out. 

I think this group of kids are just soft I think Blake had to adapt his coaching style to this group. If he gets after them in practice they will quit. If he is hard on them they go home and tell their parents and then he has to deal with the parent's texts and calls.

• Upvote 2

My uncle won gold in 72, my brother and I won gold in 90, my cousin won 2 golds in 97,98(with 2 Mr footballs), and my son won gold in 2013. Now I'm not as close to the program these days as most of you fellas, but I know TC football and tradition......this don't sound like it. I'm shocked to hear some of this mess tbh. My blood will always run purple and gold, and hopefully the ship will steer straight again soon. Lawd have mercy. Good luck Friday.....have some pride about yourselves men

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I guess that is why I am disappointed this year. We are not conditioned well enough to keep up physicality for 4 Q's.

So true by  the end of the 1st qtr hands on hips legs crossed and when h20 went tempo it showed up bad , then Tc was trying to bring in fresh lineman but it didnt work. It was the biggest difference in the game.

9 hours ago, RTD said:

I think this group of kids are just soft I think Blake had to adapt his coaching style to this group. If he gets after them in practice they will quit. If he is hard on them they go home and tell their parents and then he has to deal with the parent's texts and calls.

So what you’re saying is that if he was hard on them and didn’t let his kids take a week off for fall break… there probably would’ve been more kids to quit?

Again, it sounds like a community problem rather a coaching problem… As the one poster says… I’m just keeping it real!

2 hours ago, Katdaddy said:

So true by  the end of the 1st qtr hands on hips legs crossed and when h20 went tempo it showed up bad , then Tc was trying to bring in fresh lineman but it didnt work. It was the biggest difference in the game.

I know when I played many of my teammates met on Sunday afternoons to run a mile at the stadium and work on routes. We were motivated to be in the best shape we could be in. Our coach ran us after every practice too. 

Players wanting to quit because they get disciplined is not just a TC thing, it is all over the country. 

47 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

So what you’re saying is that if he was hard on them and didn’t let his kids take a week off for fall break… there probably would’ve been more kids to quit?

Again, it sounds like a community problem rather a coaching problem… As the one poster says… I’m just keeping it real!

No im talking in general. He should have had practice. I think he thought he had the game won and he was looking past Watertown. Some kids were healthy scratches since Oct 8. TC has had conditioning issues all year with a whole week off wasn't the best decision. to me, he didn't show Watertown the respect that they deserve. If Watertown was 1-7 they still will give TC a game. Blake made a mistake but more is going on than is being said. But yeah it's a community issue too. I have only missed 1 game in 8 years and have seen as the kids graduate the family of the kids and also stop coming to the games. Attendance goes with how the team goes and they are fair-weather fans. If we lose a game the next game attendee will be down until they win a big game.  

• CoachT locked this topic