McKenzie vs Cornersville

VOLnWTN

12 hours ago, DawgRadio said:

After your last comment, it's hard to take this one seriously. Cornersville allowed only 39 points scored against them in the regular season. To put that in perspective, we faced Fayetteville who scored 247 points in the regular season and we held them to 18 and shouldn't have allowed that but they had a an 86 yard rush and a 42 yard pass. We didn't score three times in the redzone and had every chance. McKenzie has scored 258 in the regular season. So if we can stop the splash plays and tighten up the offense (which we have), and stay solid on defense it's not gonna be a pushover like you think. 

I figured you guys would win last night I was just trying to put that Vandy Voodoo on y’all. I won’t have to try next week and you will be saying how the Rebels will beat Fayetteville after next Friday.

55 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I figured you guys would win last night I was just trying to put that Vandy Voodoo on y’all. I won’t have to try next week and you will be saying how the Rebels will beat Fayetteville after next Friday.

No vandy voodoo. Dont need that mess. Three teams to beat in the west Peabody, McKenzie, Fayetteville. I recall seeing that Cornersville could play spoiler or seen as a sleeper. Defense is playing its best since the 2018 10 game shutout defense. Offense has been much improved over the last few weeks. I will say this SHOULD be a better game than some think, but we could get boat raced. No one knows, that's why we play the game. Looking forward to this one.

17 hours ago, shockernation said:

McKenzie Do not sleep on that bunch! Extremely well coached team. McKenzie is the favorite no doubt just don’t get caught looking ahead. I’m really sorry to my Rebel friends but gotta root for Cornersville in this one! Good luck cuz Cook aka DC

Are the crappie biting yet?

Cornersville's front 7 are as physical as anyone in 1A. They lack depth and team speed. I've only seen McKenzie in highlights against Huntingdon and they were impressive. If Cornersville plays mistake free and grinds out first downs it could be a 20-14 game. If they have turnovers, get behind, and have to throw it could be a rout.