Playoffs Round 2: Henry County @ Munford

BigRed88

4 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

HC has hit its stride at the right time. 56 is the magic number again this week. Beat Portland 56-0 two weeks ago and Mumford seems to be about the same caliber. I'll give Mumford a score since they're at home though. 56-7.

Yes, HC is back and back stronger than ever! I stated 2 to 3 weeks ago that these young men are focused and ready to make a run and will be seeing Springfield in a rematch in the 3rd round, providing they beat Memphis Central this Friday. At this point, we are all 1-0 and making a run to be 4-0 the weekend after Thanksgiving to have a trip to Cookeville the first weekend in December. At this point and time, it's 1 week at a time and they will take care of business and beat Munford this Friday night, 42-14! Roll Red Roll!

1 minute ago, RedPride91 said:

Yes, HC is back and back stronger than ever! I stated 2 to 3 weeks ago that these young men are focused and ready to make a run and will be seeing Springfield in a rematch in the 3rd round, providing they beat Memphis Central this Friday. At this point, we are all 1-0 and making a run to be 4-0 the weekend after Thanksgiving to have a trip to Cookeville the first weekend in December. At this point and time, it's 1 week at a time and they will take care of business and beat Munford this Friday night, 42-14! Roll Red Roll!

I’m not sure anyone is looking for a trip to Cookeville in December. :roflol:

1 hour ago, RedPride91 said:

for all that to happen Hc has to get past round 2 also

Munford is very different than in years past as they have an athletic QB that has good size. They do throw the ball some but are most certainly a running team. The RB is small but has good speed. They compliment each other very well. The defense has been decent against the run most of the year but struggles in pass defense at times when they can't pressure the opposing QB.

Against Portland in the first half the Munford QB danced around a lot waiting for blocking to clear lanes before running. In the 2nd half he was way more decisive running the ball leading to them taking a 21-7 lead late in the 3Q. Portland did a good job staying ahead of the chains more of the game getting 3 to 4 yards per run leading to 3rd and 3 or less a lot during the game. But, Portland fought back to take the lead late in the game 27-21 with again solid running attack and converting some key 3rd down passes. They just left too much time on the clock and Munford put a drive together with less than 3 minutes left and was able to take the win with a solid drive. I have not seen Henry County play this year but looking at there opponents from the year and comparing scores I would give the edge to HC in this one. I predict a 10 to 14 point win for HC. I hope Munford wins but that is the way I see it shaking out.    

23 hours ago, eers said:

I’m not sure anyone is looking for a trip to Cookeville in December. :roflol:

Excuse me for stating where it's been in past years, but East TN in Chattanooga the first weekend in December. I'm not saying HC will get there, but the end goal for everyone is to be playing that weekend. HC will be in the 3rd round looking for some Yellow Jackets to destroy.

44 minutes ago, RedPride91 said:

Excuse me for stating where it's been in past years, but East TN in Chattanooga the first weekend in December. I'm not saying HC will get there, but the end goal for everyone is to be playing that weekend. HC will be in the 3rd round looking for some Yellow Jackets to destroy.

I hope we don't disappoint you.  We have Memphis Central this week to worry about.  They will be a challenge for us 

3 hours ago, RedPride91 said:

Jackets will be ready!