Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

For some reason a lot of people hate it.We tried some kind of option(Triple i think) 5 years or so ago and then changed.We have tried all kinds of things.We tried 5 wides a couple of games and it worked great so we quit doing it.I have always heard if you cant block good a option offense is the best way to go.Also Oak Ridge always has 3 or more good RBs so that would help get your best guys on the field.For some reason we have trouble finding a great passing QB.I would love to see one of our ATHs playing QB in the option and see how it goes.To me if you cant block you have to run some kind of option or spread the defense out as much as possible.Anything but what we have been doing would be great.

Another thing to consider is that hardly anyone in that area runs it, so even playing competition to replicate it would be hard to do, saying nothing of trying to simulate it in practice. Ask Derek Hunt, it's not fun

Just going off what I've seen on this board, but OR needs to find an offense they're comfortable with and go all in. Feeder schools should be running the same thing

• Like 1

14 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I would love to see a change because I think the program needs a reboot.But if Gaddis stays I will sCSome of these reoccurring problems must be fixed no matter what it takes.I dont care who the HC is next yr they better not bring a pathetic Oline out there again.

I posted on this subject during the ealy part of the season. Many people were against my opinion so I backed off and tried to play nice. .

The last few games things calmed down some.

Now it has reared its  head again.

The season has come to a close. Oak Ridge has some reasons to look forward to next season. We should move on.

Why post this, "  I don't care who the HC is next year they better not bring a PATHETIC Oline out there again. ?

It doesn't matter what ADULT is HC but the kids are frair game for ridicule.

Okay, go at me or ignore me. I  just don't care about people who believe the players are not worth respecting.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Another thing to consider is that hardly anyone in that area runs it, so even playing competition to replicate it would be hard to do, saying nothing of trying to simulate it in practice. Ask Derek Hunt, it's not fun

Just going off what I've seen on this board, but OR needs to find an offense they're comfortable with and go all in. Feeder schools should be running the same thing

I would be all for it

8 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I posted on this subject during the ealy part of the season. Many people were against my opinion so I backed off and tried to play nice. .

The season has come to a close. Oak Ridge has some reasons to look forward to next season. We should move on.

Why post this, "  I don't care who the HC is next year they better not bring a PATHETIC Oline out there again. ?

Okay, go at me or ignore me. I  just don't care about people who believe the players are not worth respecting.

Willie I respect what your saying but my coaches called me a lot worse when I messed up.Im taking shots at the oline as a whole instead of saying names.I also blame coaches way more than the players.We are not talking about an Oline who isnt good or below avg but one that has been as bad as it gets this yr .Somebody needs to get their little feelings hurt and fix it.Have respect for the tradition we left behind and get to work.Ive been to every game this yr and watched some players go thru the motions.We have way to many who need to find the weight room and work a little bit.Most importantly we need coaches holding players accountable starting now and making sure we fix the problem.As my coach would say if we have time to feel sorry for ourselves we aint working hard enough.The problem sure wont  go away by acting like everything is ok

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:35 AM, WildcatRealist said:

Do you all want Joe Gaddis back as Oak Ridge's head coach? REALLY???

Come on, man. Really? Over one tough season? Didn’t win last year but darn if they didn’t make it to Cookeville. These rising seniors are already in the lab gettin ready for next season. Gaddis got us.

16 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Willie I respect what your saying but my coaches called me a lot worse when I messed up.Im taking shots at the oline as a whole instead of saying names.I also blame coaches way more than the players.We are not talking about an Oline who isnt good or below avg but one that has been as bad as it gets this yr .Somebody needs to get their little feelings hurt and fix it.Have respect for the tradition we left behind and get to work.Ive been to every game this yr and watched some players go thru the motions.We have way to many who need to find the weight room and work a little bit.Most importantly we need coaches holding players accountable starting now and making sure we fix the problem.As my coach would say if we have time to feel sorry for ourselves we aint working hard enough.The problem sure wont  go away by acting like everything is ok

Amen

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:52 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

Well, here we go again. Putting words and attitudes in our mouths. You act like this great victim, but go on the attack when someone has a different opinion than you or expresses it in a manner you don't care for. YOU should never make implications on how grown men should rate football or football players or be the great judge of others character.

Respect is earned at any age. No free passes. You are in the minority of men if you disagree. 

I can respect them as humans, students, sons, boy scouts, Burger King employees. I can praise them for quality deeds in the community, but they did not earn my respect as high school linemen.

This argument goes WAY deeper than just high school football. 

Maybe the other poster should have said "the fine young men of the Cardinal and Gray (15-0 next year, baby. RWR!!!) were a little short of the mark in their blocking this year. But they were good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like them because they are our precious youth".

Nah, that's disgustingly weak. 

Ahhh, that feel's better.

• Like 1