Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, WildcatRealist said:

Do you all want Joe Gaddis back as Oak Ridge's head coach? REALLY???

It doesn’t matter if we do or don’t, I can pretty much guarantee he will be walking the sidelines again next season. Well, in his case hobbling, but you get my drift. Not saying I’m for or against it, but he ain’t going anywhere, IMO. I’ll believe it when I see it, in other words.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

The OR coaches were yelling and signaling plays to the players right up to the snap of the ball. At times it looked like a Fire Drill. One, do the players see or hear the coaches? Two, is this a sign of an ill prepared team? 

Something very similar was said to me by somebody with a reason to be on the field Friday night.  Said it seemed more like the first scrimmage of fall camp rather than playoff week 1.  

Very unlike Oak Ridge teams I have seen over the years.  

Be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with the coaching staff in the next few weeks.  Lots of rumors out there, but they are just rumors at this point.  Just as things are with many schools right now.  

Edited by HTV

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

Something very similar was said to me by somebody with a reason to be on the field Friday night.  Said it seemed more like the first scrimmage of fall camp rather than playoff week 1.  

Very unlike Oak Ridge teams I have seen over the years.  

Be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with the coaching staff in the next few weeks.  Lots of rumors out there, but they are just rumors at this point.  Just as things are with many schools right now.  

It has been a circus show on offense like that all year, and to be honest it has been going on for years, it just really stood out this year. We’ve had pretty anemic offenses for years @ OR. It’s incredible how it can be that bad with the athletic talent we have year in year out. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It has been a circus show on offense like that all year, and to be honest it has been going on for years, it just really stood out this year. We’ve had pretty anemic offenses for years @ OR. It’s incredible how it can be that bad with the athletic talent we have year in year out. 

If George Quarles or Derek Hunt went over to Oak Ridge they could turn that mess into what Maryville has in less than a year because they have the athletes to do it and not one of those situations where you have to go in and start at the bottom and rebuild. Watching from my seat in Maryville it's like seeing somebody taking great athletes and turning them into Athletes Feet. Somebody that isn't afraid to hurt Joe's feeling needs to say good bye Joe you got to go.

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If George Quarles or Derek Hunt went over to Oak Ridge they could turn that mess into what Maryville has in less than a year because they have the athletes to do it and not one of those situations where you have to go in and start at the bottom and rebuild. Watching from my seat in Maryville it's like seeing somebody taking great athletes and turning them into Athletes Feet. Somebody that isn't afraid to hurt Joe's feeling needs to say good bye Joe you got to go.

I don't doubt that first part for one second. RW87 has been telling me the same thing for years now.

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

It doesn’t matter if we do or don’t, I can pretty much guarantee he will be walking the sidelines again next season. Well, in his case hobbling, but you get my drift. Not saying I’m for or against it, but he ain’t going anywhere, IMO. I’ll believe it when I see it, in other words.

I agree with SS. 

In a perfect world, OR would have won State last year and Joe would have gone out on top. It won't end that way but Oak Ridge needs to find a way to part ways with class. I am not saying do it now.Hopefully when the time comes everbody will agree on doing what is best for the entire Football program.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I know the Wing-T is a dirty word in East TN, but given OR's struggles on offense, maybe they should consider it. Either that, or completely revamp the staff on that side of the ball, which I don't see Gaddis doing. 

For some reason a lot of people hate it.We tried some kind of option(Triple i think) 5 years or so ago and then changed.We have tried all kinds of things.We tried 5 wides a couple of games and it worked great so we quit doing it.I have always heard if you cant block good a option offense is the best way to go.Also Oak Ridge always has 3 or more good RBs so that would help get your best guys on the field.For some reason we have trouble finding a great passing QB.I would love to see one of our ATHs playing QB in the option and see how it goes.To me if you cant block you have to run some kind of option or spread the defense out as much as possible.Anything but what we have been doing would be great.

18 hours ago, WildcatRealist said:

Do you all want Joe Gaddis back as Oak Ridge's head coach? REALLY???

I would love to see a change because I think the program needs a reboot.But if Gaddis stays I will support him and the team 100%.Only because I think he would make some big changes in how things are done.I know he loves Oak Ridge and hates to lose.For those 2 reasons I cant imagine if he is back that he keeps doing the same things.I do know there are many fans who are done with him and that makes things tough to come back from.Some of these reoccurring problems must be fixed no matter what it takes.I dont care who the HC is next yr they better not bring a pathetic Oline out there again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I would love to see a change because I think the program needs a reboot.But if Gaddis stays I will support him and the team 100%.Only because I think he would make some big changes in how things are done.I know he loves Oak Ridge and hates to lose.For those 2 reasons I cant imagine if he is back that he keeps doing the same things.I do know there are many fans who are done with him and that makes things tough to come back from.Some of these reoccurring problems must be fixed no matter what it takes.I dont care who the HC is next yr they better not bring a pathetic Oline out there again.

Amen. It’s extremely hard to watch a team that can’t block. Please hit the daggum weight room this off-season guys. 

• Like 2