Gaddis has retired

HTV

2 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I'm seeing several names I know little about in regards to possible new OR HC. Coaches like Dodge are probably great coaches but I just have little knowledge of them.

If possible give some info on the coaches being dicussed. I thank you.

RWR!

I threw the name of Riley Dodge (HC @ Southlake Carroll) out just stirring the pot. We both know that for whatever the reasons may be, typically  you do not find high schools in Tennessee reaching out to coaches in other states.  It’s almost like they are either embarrassed or have a fear of being told no.  It’s like asking the most beautiful girl in your high school out for a date.  If you don’t have the confidence to ask her out you will never get the date.  What is the harm in talking with some of the top high school coaches in the country.  They may very well recommend another individual that would be a great high school head coach or even better they may be interested in the job.

14 minutes ago, cbg said:

I threw the name of Riley Dodge (HC @ Southlake Carroll) out just stirring the pot. We both know that for whatever the reasons may be, typically  you do not find high schools in Tennessee reaching out to coaches in other states.  It’s almost like they are either embarrassed or have a fear of being told no.  It’s like asking the most beautiful girl in your high school out for a date.  If you don’t have the confidence to ask her out you will never get the date.  What is the harm in talking with some of the top high school coaches in the country.  They may very well recommend another individual that would be a great high school head coach or even better they may be interested in the job.

If they want to talk to some of the top coaches in the country they can make a call to Rankin or GQ. This state has plenty of great coaches that will show interest. OR doesnt need to waste time on a wild goose chase.

Lebanon hired one of the most successful coaches in KY history, only for his hiring to be a complete disaster. The grass isn't always greener

Edited by MidTennFootball

First of all, I wish Coach Gaddis well in his retirement and it was an honor to know him and he will always be remembered for his success at Oak Ridge and how many players and coaches passed through under him. His 1991 State Championship team was one of the best teams in TSSAA history.  Just last season he coached a good team that started slow on an incredible playoff run to the finals. Good job, well done.

As for his successor, I haven't heard of any frontrunners yet for the job, I would say that it may take some time, even until after Christmas break, I am sure they will probably put together a committee and once the job is posted, they will get a ton of applicants and then screen them down to about 5 to interview and then make a choice. I would say that coach will be young, maybe late 30s, early 40s, energetic, motivated, have head coaching experience (like Coach Gaddis was when he first came in 1988). He will probably be able to bring in some staff with him. He will be inheriting a pretty good team as there are quite a few returning starters and some who were out with injuries returning also. Stay tuned.

• Like 2