Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

42 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Your team is Terrible so you spend all your time on the better team's threads and try to stir stuff up ,,, Maryville Coach has more state championships than nearly every team put together from your area and you want to imply he's not very good compared to Quarles ... Hilarious 

Ouch!   Hope somebody can rush me to the burn unit....    I was unaware you can only comment on a thread of your chosen team....        If you would take 5 seconds to read what the sane posters responded you would see some well crafted and articulate comments concerning the subject from individuals close to the program.   In other words, some meaningful dialogue.    Which was the whole point from the beginning.

Congrats to Oakland, go win it all. I couldn’t be any prouder of the Rebels, and what they do year in and year out. The consistent quality over, seriously, decades now is simply unreal.

For whoever it was who asked if the result of this game was due to Quarles being gone, I don’t know if you were legitimately wondering but it’s a simple answer for anyone who actually follows Tennessee football, and Maryville in particular. No. Derek Hunt is our coach and he’s, and seriously think about this, he’s in his early 30s and has state titles of his own. How many wins do you think he’s going to wind up with when all’s said and done? 

Maryville isn’t exactly a D1 hotbed. What Maryville is, is exceptionally coached, year after year, and has a roster full of kids who know the game and play smart, disciplined, outstanding football. More often than not though when you play against another team that also has good coaching and good youth programs and some athletes there’s just not an answer for, the other team wins. See: Pearl Cohn in the 1990s, Whitehaven a few years back, Oakland right now. Oakland’s on another level this year, if the wins over the private schools and that defending champ out of Mississippi weren’t a clue lol. But Maryville isn’t going anywhere, and there’ll be more gold balls just like the ones that followed some of those other playoff losses.

Anyway hats off to Maryville, and Oakland too. It’s been a great year to follow. Go Rebels!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

First off, tip of the cap to Maryville, they had a solid gameplan and executed it pretty well in the first half; they attacked Oakland exactly how you need to if you want to win. Some people will take note about not taking that many shots down field, but it's a nightmare trying to pass protect against Oakland alot of the time, against alot of other teams, their gameplan would  have resulted in a W.

As for Oakland, extremely proud to be a Patriot. Oakland did something that hasn't been done in nearly a quarter century and played well doing it. It was always going to take a special team to win at Maryville and this team is just that. One more step to go....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

First off, tip of the cap to Maryville, they had a solid gameplan and executed it pretty well in the first half; they attacked Oakland exactly how you need to if you want to win. Some people will take note about not taking that many shots down field, but it's a nightmare trying to pass protect against Oakland alot of the time, against alot of other teams, their gameplan would  have resulted in a W.

As for Oakland, extremely proud to be a Patriot. Oakland did something that hasn't been done in nearly a quarter century and played well doing it. It was always going to take a special team to win at Maryville and this team is just that. One more step to go....

Congratulations MTF , unbelievably talented team you have and very well coached too , glad we could give you all a better game than last year and hopefully we can return the favor at your house next year ! LoL, Good luck next week, I can’t imagine Oakland getting beat but that’s why they play the game! 

16 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Congratulations MTF , unbelievably talented team you have and very well coached too , glad we could give you all a better game than last year and hopefully we can return the favor at your house next year ! LoL, Good luck next week, I can’t imagine Oakland getting beat but that’s why they play the game! 

It was going to take a special team to come through with a win at Maryville. If it's all the same to you guys, I'd like for us to hold serve at home so we can finally have the upper hand in the series. That said, those backs Maryville has will be a handful next year.

This win feels alot like 2016, so can't fall into the trap of thinking it's all downhill after beating Maryville. Got to find a way to contain Wade, something nobody has done all year. If they are up to the task, this will be a season for the history books

I want to say this to the Oakland fans that the better team did win even though I moaned and groaned last night about some of the bad calls which had nothing to do with them but would have made it and even better game. This game would have been a two possessions for each side in the second half and seeing both couldn't stop the other when Maryville held them to a field goal that was our golden chance. Even though I kind of expected Maryville to sputter and run out of gas on one of the two possessions the throw down field got us away from what we were doing best. I knew then we blew our chance. We were very lucky the ball wasn't knocked out of our hands the way some of ours were carrying it like a loaf of bread. In order to be good as Oakland has been the past two years is that you have to have a couple of difference makers which was why we couldn't stop them. Not only that but Oakland does have a top notch coaching staff. Even though we lost I still feel good about the future the way we came back after the worst loss in our school history the year before. That would have destroyed most teams yet we rebuilt and played with them a year later. Next step for Oakland is to take care of Summit even though this game has been labeled the real championship both teams have been guilty of leaving it all on the field only to get upset the next week. Good luck next week.

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Go win it all! Much respect for Oakland. 

Its been a little over 21 years since I watched my first MARYVILLE game with my oldest son Haden (he was 5) and its been unlike anything Ive ever seen. 13-1 is nothing to be ashamed of and like ive always told my boys after a win or a loss in games like this or at the state is that their are thousands of players that would trade places with them just to be there and they are still the Kings of the east!              GO REBELS!!!!
     Greyriderx signing off