Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

9 hours ago, MurvulHigh said:

....For whoever it was who asked if the result of this game was due to Quarles being gone, I don’t know if you were legitimately wondering but it’s a simple answer for anyone who actually follows Tennessee football, and Maryville in particular. No. Derek Hunt is our coach and he’s, and seriously think about this, he’s in his early 30s and has state titles of his own. How many wins do you think he’s going to wind up with when all’s said and done?.....

Yes, it was a legitimate question and you gave a very insightful and well crafted response, thanks bro.

10 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

First off, tip of the cap to Maryville, they had a solid gameplan and executed it pretty well in the first half; they attacked Oakland exactly how you need to if you want to win. Some people will take note about not taking that many shots down field, but it's a nightmare trying to pass protect against Oakland alot of the time, against alot of other teams, their gameplan would  have resulted in a W.

As for Oakland, extremely proud to be a Patriot. Oakland did something that hasn't been done in nearly a quarter century and played well doing it. It was always going to take a special team to win at Maryville and this team is just that. One more step to go....

Good solid post from a real OHS fan.

52 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I remember a few weeks ago reading a story where Maryville was coming up on 100 wins in a row at home. Was that 100th win last week against Farragut or was last night to be the 100th?

To be honest Waco, it’s only the scribes that keep up with that stuff. Someone saw the numbers at D-B a few years back and wondered what it meant. Someone looked it up and saw that we were a few back. D. Hunt doesn’t even keep up with his win total.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I want to say this to the Oakland fans that the better team did win even though I moaned and groaned last night about some of the bad calls which had nothing to do with them but would have made it and even better game. This game would have been a two possessions for each side in the second half and seeing both couldn't stop the other when Maryville held them to a field goal that was our golden chance. Even though I kind of expected Maryville to sputter and run out of gas on one of the two possessions the throw down field got us away from what we were doing best. I knew then we blew our chance. We were very lucky the ball wasn't knocked out of our hands the way some of ours were carrying it like a loaf of bread. In order to be good as Oakland has been the past two years is that you have to have a couple of difference makers which was why we couldn't stop them. Not only that but Oakland does have a top notch coaching staff. Even though we lost I still feel good about the future the way we came back after the worst loss in our school history the year before. That would have destroyed most teams yet we rebuilt and played with them a year later. Next step for Oakland is to take care of Summit even though this game has been labeled the real championship both teams have been guilty of leaving it all on the field only to get upset the next week. Good luck next week.

Barney I pick a game every Thursday and Friday to listen to, if they're multiple games I'm interested in on them days then I'm switching back and forth so I could be wrong but from what I remember listening to Oakland vs Cpa and LA both teams did their damage in the 1st half against Oakland and the 2nd half Oakland shut both teams down I don't remember either scoring in the 2nd half therefore you can have success the 1st half against Oakland but halftime they make the necessary adjustments.

As far as bad officiating go look at the photo gallery of this game last night Noah Vaughn on a kick return is seen grabbing the face mask of #33 I'm sure the call wasn't intentionally missed just in real game time it was probably hard to see. When Maryville held Oakland to a fg on the opening drive in the 2nd half go listen to the Maryville broadcast James was pulled down by a face mask the Maryville announcers was amazed saying how did we get by with that, that would have kept the drive alive and potentially set up a Oakland td.

Maryville has nothing to hang their heads about they left everything on the field last night so Maryville fans should be very proud of this team. Personally I hate that Oakland and Maryville has to keep meeting like this in the 4th round because no disrespect to Summit I believe Maryville is the 2nd best team in 6a

On 11/21/2021 at 10:31 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Me and someone were talking about that last night and of all the starters only one is open zone on Maryville's 22 starters. The rest are all home grown. Parents paying $2,400 tuition to escape Shad or Heritage. Alcoa benefits from open zoning because tuition is a third of Maryville's. 

With that being said, please tell your folks to leave our Junior QB alone. He isn’t leaving. THAT IS ALL! 

carry on….:lol: