Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

5 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Not trying to be a smart aleck, but has anybody else noticed the irony that John Olive will be at the BlueCross Bowl next weekend while Maryville is dribbling basketballs???

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue how Maryville works ... Everyone is very happy for Coach Olive .

29 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Next year Maryville returns 7 starters on defense.  Offensively Maryville will return both Running Backs and 2 starters on the Offensive Line and another lineman who started 2 games.  Maryville needs a Quarterback to step up. 

I can remember half a dozen times in the past 25 years I went into the winter saying we going to be up the creek without the paddle next year because we don't have anyone to replace the All American we just lost at the QB job but someway or another come the next season if don't get a surprise of a lifetime. I think what most of us are seeing is that we won't have the six foot four QB we have had the past four years at the helm but don't forget about some of the guys like Rouse, D.Hunt, Juhlin, Myers, Garrett and Endsley that weren't super tall that made life a living nightmare for our opponents. I would kill to have one of those guys back. I'm not sure if Derek was barley  six foot tall in high school but took a growth spur in college.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I can remember half a dozen times in the past 25 years I went into the winter saying we going to be up the creek without the paddle next year because we don't have anyone to replace the All American we just lost at the QB job but someway or another come the next season if don't get a surprise of a lifetime. I think what most of us are seeing is that we won't have the six foot four QB we have had the past four years at the helm but don't forget about some of the guys like Rouse, D.Hunt, Juhlin, Myers, Garrett and Endsley that weren't super tall that made life a living nightmare for our opponents. I would kill to have one of those guys back. I'm not sure if Derek was barley  six foot tall in high school but took a growth spur in college.

Garrett to me was the biggest shocker of all … I thought we were in big trouble after losing a great QB and SEC starter Patton Robinette , but John Garrett went on to have one of the greatest seasons ever by any Maryville Qb . John broke the school record for total offense and total points scored , he threw 31 TDs to just one interception and even rushed over a thousand yards , really unbelievable for his size and speed .  We cruised in every game even the state Championship game . John wasn’t fast , he was short , but he read every play correctly! He also made lots of great runs even though he ran about a 4.9 ! That kid was a total Baller and anyone who ever watched him play basketball also understood that he got the total maximum out of his athletic capabilities. To me seeing a kid like that is what high school Football is all about, college coaches wouldn’t even look at him because of his size and speed, but he outplayed every other college Qb recruit in the State that year . College recruiters can’t measure a kids Heart with a watch or tape measure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

Garrett to me was the biggest shocker of all … I thought we were in big trouble after losing a great QB and SEC starter Patton Robinette , but John Garrett went on to have one of the greatest seasons ever by any Maryville Qb . John broke the school record for total offense and total points scored , he threw 31 TDs to just one interception and even rushed over a thousand yards , really unbelievable for his size and speed .  We cruised in every game even the state Championship game . John wasn’t fast , he was short , but he read every play correctly! He also made lots of great runs even though he ran about a 4.9 ! That kid was a total Baller and anyone who ever watched him play basketball also understood that he got the total maximum out of his athletic capabilities. To me seeing a kid like that is what high school Football is all about, college coaches wouldn’t even look at him because of his size and speed, but he outplayed every other college Qb recruit in the State that year . College recruiters can’t measure a kids Heart with a watch or tape measure. 

Caleb Dunford should be the next in line.

• Upvote 1