Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

12 minutes ago, pujo said:

People claiming prizes that they didn't win, We may have to put a guard over our Silver ball.lol

Yea, every year we read the same things in football and basketball...the two best teams in the state have always played well before the title game Lol

Hope ole #9 is good today 

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

Yea, every year we read the same things in football and basketball...the two best teams in the state have always played well before the title game Lol

Hope ole #9 is good today 

He's fine, at least he has one more year. I'd say he'll start preparing today.

34 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

We blew too many blocking assignments but, as expected, they were bringing the house. Still, watching the film, it's hard to believe the horse collars, face masks and holds that weren't called. A couple of those could've been huge to keep it closer....Seemed WV played the perfect game huh 

You know as well as I do, when you're playing the same 11 both ways, mistakes and breakdowns take it out of you faster than anything...Could not afford that vs a team like them.

Yep when it’s even or your outmanned small mistakes are huge. Kinda like the botched punt in our game. That was the mistake that started the dominoes falling. We were out manned and that was all it took for y’all to start running away with it. Better team won that night also. Just the way it is. Like us, y’all never folded and ended with class. That’s about as good as you can ask for. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, horse said:

Take away Simpson there probably would have been two or  three others schools from the west with a chance to win the gold ball. 

Take away any team's best player and the results are almost always different. Take away one of Huntingdon's 1500 yard running backs and they may lose several more games this year.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Everything fell just right for Westview. Dropping to 2A helped, but without Simpson it wouldn't have mattered. The Chargers were head and shoulders better this season than in the past 20 or so years, and maybe their best team in wayyy longer than that. As good as Simpson is, the team wouldn't be what they are without him personnel wise either...there were kids on the field this year that wouldn't have been without knowing their odds of a gold ball went through the roof with his talent.

These statements are silly, I don't understand why people want to say the other 60 kids that have worked their tails off since June don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Football is a team sport until a team has a excellent player then the other kids are irrelevant?  

55 minutes ago, pujo said:

31 minutes ago, crow said:

Yep when it’s even or your outmanned small mistakes are huge. Kinda like the botched punt in our game. That was the mistake that started the dominoes falling. We were out manned and that was all it took for y’all to start running away with it. Better team won that night also. Just the way it is. Like us, y’all never folded and ended with class. That’s about as good as you can ask for. 

Yes Sir....You know, with the exception of the last play before half, we played some dang good football on the O side. But that last play before half, we just didn't execute our blocks and was stuffed. We block, we're in.

On D I noticed they'd release the back into the flats bringing Conor up from safety then the weak side was a lil too open for QB to run. One miss tackle on him and it was bad news LOL

Edited by uknoit2

1 hour ago, pujo said:

So SP who beat Cloudland by 8 and was VERY fortunate to win is Better than everyone in 1a and 2a.You're logic don't add up. McKenzie Thrashed Huntingdon who beat Peabody who beat Westview.

What are you even talking about? I'm talking matchups and how each team was playing at the end of the season... You are talking about the first game of the year when Huntingdon didn't even have a starting QB yet?

Lmao..

I'm talking 2A football. I'm not even saying Hampton was the best team in the East. They made the championship game, so kudos. My point is that it doesn't matter who HAMPTON played from the West. There were at least 4 teams in the West that would have likely beaten them. The team they played just happened to put a running clock on them.

I said what I said.

31 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

PT says he's sure it's meniscus...ACL is good. Fought that knee and shoulder last few games....Get it fixed and be ready for a lil baseball Lol 

I watched the game on tv. I was very proud of how Hampton represented region 1...tough hardnosed football , kids playing their guts out for each other and a large  passionate hometown football crowd followed em down. I know your proud of your boy. He showed everyone that a QB can be a FOOTBALL PLAYER and get his team to the big game. Loved his heart and determination and his teammates followed suit. Nothing to hang your heads about. Ive said for years Hampton has one of the best programs in the state year in year out. Westview is still sore I can promise you that. Win or lose when you play Hampton EVERYTHING hurts the next few days. Congrats again from Cosby!

2 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

I watched the game on tv. I was very proud of how Hampton represented region 1...tough hardnosed football , kids playing their guts out for each other and a large  passionate hometown football crowd followed em down. I know your proud of your boy. He showed everyone that a QB can be a FOOTBALL PLAYER and get his team to the big game. Loved his heart and determination and his teammates followed suit. Nothing to hang your heads about. Ive said for years Hampton has one of the best programs in the state year in year out. Westview is still sore I can promise you that. Win or lose when you play Hampton EVERYTHING hurts the next few days. Congrats again from Cosby!

Much appreciated coach! These boys just love to play. No flare, no show, just football. Yea, we failed to execute as needed and made uncommon mistakes but few teams have the connection these boys do. Heck, Saturday was a needed distraction for most, it's back to work and life as usual but sure proud of them