Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

25 minutes ago, RedRebelman said:

I did, and your line did better than ours. However Cheney and Latimer both Seniors were not there for some reason. They will anchor our line for sure. Our skilled position players edged y'alls out I believe. To your teams credit you had one Wr. that stood out. He was very built, and caught 3 TDs I believe. He has good hands, and will be tuff to tackle for small Dbs.

Yeah I heard y’all handled us pretty good skill position wise. It is good to know we had a receiver that excelled. I personally think 7 v 7 is a bit outside of our comfort zone. In sp along with Carr, he is going to look to pound the rock. That may come as a surprise to some given his back ground but he firmly believes you have to be able to run the ball to win football games. Hopefully your two linemen get back and are a credit to your line. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:52 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't know how much Riverside has returning, but if they have a good team that can be productive, they'll have a chance to do it in 2A. I don't know what will happen with Westview, Huntingdon, and Union City. Camden should be able to take a step up, and Gibson County hired a new coach in May/June. Just late. However, Cody Finley announced retirement from Gibson County in March. MAHS (the team that knocked off Huntingdon and should've won against Westview if it wasn't for turnovers) shut their doors.

Yes, 1A will be better than 2A.

However, there's a team I'm curious to see. That team is Humboldt. I do think they're a year too early, but they did lose to Grace Christian and West Carroll early last year, and I expect those to be wins this year. They have a 6'5 sophomore that's at 300 and has an offer from Arkansas. Apparently, they have another lineman that's near his size, and he'll be a freshman. They also have another athlete that's a freshman that's supposed to be an athlete.  Not putting them in the conversation with the big 3 in West Tennessee, but I won't surprised if they find a way to reach in the quarterfinals of the playoffs, depending on the matchup they get in the second round.

Humboldt does have talent.Lake Co opens with Union City,Obion Central,Trenton and Humboldt.What fans think record will be After those 4 games? 4-0 or 2-2  or 3-1 or even 0-4?

On 7/6/2022 at 10:03 PM, H2Oman said:

I would bet it has to do with parents work or family move. As good as McKenzie is I would doubt someone would move their kid from a solid 1A school in middle Tn to another one in McKenzie just for football. 

As hard as it is for some of us to believe ( me included sometimes) there are people whose world doesn’t revolve around high school football.

And this coming from someone posting on CoachT on July 6th.  It depends on how talented you kid is.  If he/she is average and has not a tremendous interest in football then, no.  If, however, your kid is talented and he/she is running into politics, then you do what is best for your kids, EVERY SINGLE TIME, not what is best for you yourself.

So I don't know which is the case with you.

2 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

And this coming from someone posting on CoachT on July 6th.  It depends on how talented you kid is.  If he/she is average and has not a tremendous interest in football then, no.  If, however, your kid is talented and he/she is running into politics, then you do what is best for your kids, EVERY SINGLE TIME, not what is best for you yourself.

So I don't know which is the case with 

If this kid whoever it may be is let’s say a superstar… wouldn’t you think that such parent  would be more than likely be moving he or she to a private and or bigger classification school where he or she would be getting better opportunities as far as college choices???

OR would you drag said kid to west TN to play on another 1A team ( though a Great 1A team)

If politics were the sole issue I would bet this kid could move 10 or 25 miles down the road and play for either Smith County, Trousdale and or Upperman.

Point being… there are several places this kid could’ve went without traveling a 100 plus miles to another small school.

Edited by H2Oman
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Humboldt does have talent.Lake Co opens with Union City,Obion Central,Trenton and Humboldt.What fans think record will be After those 4 games? 4-0 or 2-2  or 3-1 or even 0-4?

Pretty sure Humboldt lost most of their skill position guys from last year. Idk if they'll be as dangerous at least early on

44 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Pretty sure Humboldt lost most of their skill position guys from last year. Idk if they'll be as dangerous at least early on

I was reading earlier about 300 lb lineman.I saw them in middle school.Think he's a soph.Had some other big linemen.Qb and running back on that team were very talented.LC middle was pretty talented also winning about 30 points but Humboldt fumbled about 5 times.But talent was there if they stick together.Could be a year away from competing.