Pre season 2A favorites

horse

10 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I don’t know anything about the Memphis teams honestly. Obviously there is always a team each year from Memphis that can get hot and make some noise. 

The Memphis region is notorious for talent migrating to one or two schools, and most likely it'll happen again this year...their problem is usually whichever team has the potential to take down the rural western favorites will be untested and undisciplined. One of these years before long one of them will get it done through sheer talent, whether it be overall, or just one or two stud players that a 1A/2A squad can't deal with. Peabody was "gifted" a win a couple of years ago, and Westview had to expend everything they had last season to advance...just saying that most folks statewide dismiss the small classification teams from Memphis, yet they have been close for a while now.

38 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

You do know Meigs just flat shut down Marion last year? 20-0! Marion never threatened. At Marion 

I was at that game. Marion qb got hurt on 2nd Play of the game and probably scores if he isn't tripped up. They were not the same after that injury. Credit to Meigs though they really brought it.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The Memphis region is notorious for talent migrating to one or two schools, and most likely it'll happen again this year...their problem is usually whichever team has the potential to take down the rural western favorites will be untested and undisciplined. One of these years before long one of them will get it done through sheer talent, whether it be overall, or just one or two stud players that a 1A/2A squad can't deal with. Peabody was "gifted" a win a couple of years ago, and Westview had to expend everything they had last season to advance...just saying that most folks statewide dismiss the small classification teams from Memphis, yet they have been close for a while now.

I can see a Memphis team pulling an East Nashville eventually. East Nashville has been a team with great athletes but poor coaching and underachieved. They got some solid coaching and had a great year last year. I had a chance to see them play Dburg in the semis. Dburg was an impressive football team. Big and physical. East didn’t make any mistake and beat ‘em. Very well coached team. 

12 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

And Meigs still has the same coaching staff. So you gotta know Meigs is better coached than Tyner or Marion. 

I wouldn’t say Meigs outcoached Marion last year. They just physically mauled them up front. With what Meigs lost and what Marion brings back I think Marion will return the favor this year. They should have weapons everywhere if the new coach figures out how to utilize them. I’m just keeping it real 

4 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I wouldn’t say Meigs outcoached Marion last year. They just physically mauled them up front. With what Meigs lost and what Marion brings back I think Marion will return the favor this year. They should have weapons everywhere if the new coach figures out how to utilize them. I’m just keeping it real 

Hard to say really. We will have a true rb this year which will really help us out offensively. Not to mention our new qb is a freakishly good athlete. If we have even a decent line we will be a threat to anyone on our schedule. I could even see us being better offensively than last year but defensively I'm not sure we can match what we brought last year. Alot of young great talent will be on the field this year. I see us hitting full stride mid season.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Yeti said:

Hard to say really. We will have a true rb this year which will really help us out offensively. Not to mention our new qb is a freakishly good athlete. If we have even a decent line we will be a threat to anyone on our schedule. I could even see us being better offensively than last year but defensively I'm not sure we can match what we brought last year. Alot of young great talent will be on the field this year. I see us hitting full stride mid season.

Who will meigs rb be this year?  did someone move in.  i seen thm play marion last year and the qb was by far their best runner and he graduated.  that meigs defense was really good at marion last year.  hoping marion opens it up alt more this year and makes it harder to defend. dont know who runs the defense over their but seems they have been really good on D for a few years now

1 hour ago, TheBest2018 said:

Who will meigs rb be this year?  did someone move in.  i seen thm play marion last year and the qb was by far their best runner and he graduated.  that meigs defense was really good at marion last year.  hoping marion opens it up alt more this year and makes it harder to defend. dont know who runs the defense over their but seems they have been really good on D for a few years now

I'm hearing Ty Kraskous will be the starting rb followed by Dylan Carrol. Ty is a very similar runner to what Will Meadows was a couple years back if you remember or know him. Ty had an accident last year and missed all season. I'm somewhat out of the loop compared to recent years and honestly then I didn't know alot lol. I could have the starting order wrong I'm not sure. But that's what my buddy told me. We should be pretty good at the rb position.

Edited by Yeti

23 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

My preaseason picks

1. Tyner

2. Marion

3. Meigs

4. Polk

5. Bledsoe

6. Tellico

I like our chances with Marion again this year. Fitzgerald will be coaching the line this season and our skill players offensively will be as good as any in 2A. Tyner will be a very hard out for anyone with what they return. 

You think Polk will beat out Bledsoe this year?