Pre season 2A favorites

horse

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Just assumptions for the preseason. Negative of the current playoff system is arguably 7 of the top 10 teams in 2A (Regions 3 and 4) will be battling for one semifinal slot. Probably 3-4 other top 10 teams in Regions 7 and 8 will be doing the same thing. That leaves 2 of the 4 semifinal teams as bottom 11-20 teams . Also leads to state championship beatdowns if one of those sneaks into the title game. 

If Watertown goes up to 3A next season and tc has some down years region 4 is gonna be wide open.

8 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

@Salem

the east robertson game is a big one this year. you have to go up there and win that one. that is the game that tripped up the entire season. forrest had no business losing to them, and instead lost convincingly with their weakest effort of the year at home. an inexplicable result. 

I believe this game will be on a Thursday too. Senior night at east. Both teams will be better than last season, this is gonna be a great non region matchup

5 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I suspect TC to be down. Heart and soul of the recent TC teams have been the o line. The o line will have some trouble early this year.

They tend to get it together end of the year. Their coach gets everything he can out of their kids. All the same we could likely have a slow start this season. I don't remember us having a younger team than what we will field this coming season. May sting early but later on in the year and especially next year it will pay off.

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

They tend to get it together end of the year. Their coach gets everything he can out of their kids. All the same we could likely have a slow start this season. I don't remember us having a younger team than what we will field this coming season. May sting early but later on in the year and especially next year it will pay off.

I hear you. But our defense should cover up any issues early. Give us time to get rolling at the end of the year. Meigs will be strong this year and probably next. Well as long as Fitzgerald stays in Meigs we will be strong.

Simpsons arm made defenses shudder and question every move they made , Westview will be good not great, line is still big , good running game but # 1 ? No way ! that would be like me not seeing any   East tn. Football and giving a educated prediction, Westview like many teams is a big question mark !! 

On 7/27/2022 at 3:53 AM, Yeti said:

Fairly accurate assessment considering how it's worked out in years past. 

I wouldn't disagree with this one either. Even on down years this regions teams don't disappoint it seems. 

I think we are hosting your Tigers and Rockwood aug 5th for a three way scrimmage.Should see if we have any salt quickly!This Fri we go to McMinn Central for AE,Copper Basin and 1 more for a 5 team scrimmage.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I think we are hosting your Tigers and Rockwood aug 5th for a three way scrimmage.Should see if we have any salt quickly!This Fri we go to McMinn Central for AE,Copper Basin and 1 more for a 5 team scrimmage.

Yeah, I meant to message you. If you are able to make it let me know. How did those knees heal up?

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

We are also headed to your neighbor for a scrimmage Friday. Should see what we're about early and quick as well.

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Yeah, I meant to message you. If you are able to make it let me know. How did those knees heal up?

Feel good,still getting better monthly.Yeah it's looking like I will be out of town.I was hoping you would make it and fill me in.Not expecting much tho.

• Like 1