Heritage at William Blount

BarneySox2007

1 minute ago, 1OldPatriot said:

First off, Coach O was a little strong with the "F" bomb. However, he is from up north where they talk a little rougher. My biggest issue is with the person who videoed it and posted it. Agree or disagree, the locker room is a sacred place.

Maybe that kid felt it was the only way to get the situation taken care of and exposed. Maybe that was the last straw for him and he's trying to protect his teammates.

Or maybe he thought he was being cool. Either way, terrible look.

Can you imagine being one of the other coaches on staff? I wouldn't stand for these kids to be talked to like this. I would 100% say something to Coach Osovet. I hope the administration does something or makes a statement about the video, or will it be another flashy graphic posted on social media trying to cover it all up. 

From Gus’s fried on Sutherland, ‘Coach O’ isn’t the only newly minted head coach who uses foul language. Another area high school here in Knox had to change sidelines to cover for the fact they speak poorly to players. Every night I go to sleep I’m glad my two sons didn’t have to play for these clowns. Don’t they know it’s not Halloween yet? It’s a little early to be impersonating football coaches. 

3 minutes ago, hotpiss said:

You are now the one downgrading and setting a narrative for the color guard. My take is they do not have many pregame speeches along these lines. This never attacked their work ethic and you sir did that. 

I did no such thing. You inferred such. You and your newly established account on here should probably take your support for these actions and character elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Going on the immediate defense and deflecting the issue at hand, then degrading a group of kids that work their tails off day in and day out (as color guard is not a piece of cake and takes incredible endurance and skill) is pretty immature.

Since I'm just an old man that lives in Blount Co with no ties directly to any school, I'll let you believe what you want. Won't be too hard since you believe in this new era.

Good post and good way to look at the situation.

Would the Spanish teacher in the county get away with talking to the kids this way? I hope not. Why do these high school coaches think they are different than the other employees at the school? They don’t want to talk to any parents or hear anything from the parents, but they think it’s OK to cuss the kids? Ridiculous. The coach might be a good guy, but he crossed way over the line. I just thought the hairtage program was on bottom before this happened…a new low.

Edited by strongx
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, strongx said:

School bored should make announcement by end of the day to suspend the guy for a game or two, give him fair warning (which should have been part of the hiring process) about it not happening again, and then protect the kid that yankee will be going after. We ain’t like Jersey…yet.

If that's a motivational speech, I'd be concerned at what a reprimand speech is. 

I also wonder about the discipline aspect if they're allowed phones so easily in the locker room, but then again, we know that this staff and those so enamored with them are all about social media.