Week 7 Henry Co vs Springfield

brian2000

Hats off to Henry County for the win. I’m super proud of the Yellow Jackets for coming out starting the third quarter and making a game of it. I think we learned last season that winning the regular season matchup doesn’t guarantee a repeat in the playoffs. I think the way the second half was played Springfield should feel confident that they can play with the Patriots in Paris if a quarter final repeat game comes to fruition. 
I agree with others that there was shaky officiating on both sides tonight. Looking forward to seeing this game again in a few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, HCPatriots said:

Everyone says Springfield and Henry County will see each other again but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There is a giant lurking in Region 8 that Springfield will have to beat to get a rematch with Henry County.

That is why I have been typing HOPE to see Big Red in the third round.  We will probably get Munford in the second round IF we make it that far.  Of Henry County has to win their playoff games as well nothing is a given 

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

That is why I have been typing HOPE to see Big Red in the third round.  We will probably get Munford in the second round IF we make it that far.  Of Henry County has to win their playoff games as well nothing is a given 

Yeah it would be on the road for y'all in Munford, that would probably not be an easy task. But I really don't know much about them honestly.

12 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Whale of a ball game tonight! Congrats to HC. Despite his poor play in the 1st Half, Crenshaw was still the best player on the field tonight. The Patriots may be more talented overall. Springfield will see Henry County again. I hope the game is as competitive, 

The QB for Big Red as an absolute CANNON for an arm.  He is the best QB we have seen so far this year hands down 

• Like 1

I was proud of the Jackets for not packing it in at the half after the pick 6 to close out the 2nd qtr. They came out in the 2nd half and played a much better game. Jackets D more than held their own tonight. Only gave up 14 pts to a VERY GOOD HC team in 4 quarters. I also thought it said ALOT abt the Jackets D that the HC OC didnt run #0 behind #76 with #36 as a lead blocker when all he needed was 3 yards. Being that he scored, great play call and execution by HC. If he doesnt score, EVERY HC fan on here is asking why he didnt do what I would've done 100 times out of 100 times with those 3 guys. 

The Patriots won and are happy right now, but it wont be a comfortable bus ride back to Paris for several of their players, especially when they get off that bus after riding for 2 hrs.

RollRed and crew, y'all gonna need to have an extra ice tub delivered to the fieldhouse before they get home! 

Great game HC! Hopefully we can return the favor in November when it counts even more!

3 minutes ago, HCPatriots said:

Yeah it would be on the road for y'all in Munford, that would probably not be an easy task. But I really don't know much about them honestly.

I don’t know a lot about the Memphis area teams but we heard the same talk last year about Memphis Central when they came to Springfield in round 2. I know going there will be tougher if we have to go to Munford, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. 

• Upvote 1